testtest

Smith and Wesson CSX – Is it Really the New Chief’s Special?

I’m the same way. I go low left as I sometimes gorilla grip the gun first couple shots
0E3127D6-6707-4E4F-B712-32AAF9285C5A.gif

I checked one out in a gun shop and I really didn’t like the trigger.
It definitely has an early false reset click that sounds and even feels like the trigger has reset but it hasn’t . The trigger basically has to go fully forward to reset. Lousy single action trigger as compared to my two S.A. Range Officer Compacts , one in 9 mm and one in .45ACP. When I got home I dry fired my S&W Shield and liked it’s trigger better even if it is striker fired pistol. Just my opinion...
Respectfully
JoeD

All steel- weighs 19.5 ounces.. hmm
The reviewer never said how long the barrel is, 3" I suppose. You need a punch to knockout the slide release.. <Quiet Boo> Seems like a nice gun but I have resistance to S&W semi autos from way back. I have one now that I took in a trade, it works but it needs to be kept wet.
It's good to see hammer fired pistols still being released, just the same.
It has an aluminum frame not steel .
Respectfully
JoeDice

Had a Gentleman come in for a private lesson right after they were released in the wild. He insisted a couple of us at the store try it. I shot 5 rounds out of it and while not real test it wasn’t for me. Trigger was pretty heavy like so much not sure it would lighten up with use. And the thumb safety seemed awkward to use with how it is configured.

For me S&W would have probably better to reintroduce a single stack 3rd Gen but if it fits your hand and you like it grab one up

To be honest, I miss the old 4506 pistol, I had a police trade in many years ago, great gun, I didn’t mind the DA pull either, wish they could do a re-release of it.

Years ago I had a fairly large collection of 3rd Gen S&W in 9's, 40's and 45's. Then my interest changed to C&R and started selling them off. I can't part with the 3913 and 3914's they are my favorites. To me the CSX is just a down sized 6906.

Years ago I had a fairly large collection of 3rd Gen S&W in 9's, 40's and 45's. Then my interest changed to C&R and started selling them off. I can't part with the 3913 and 3914's they are my favorites. To me the CSX is just a down sized 6906.
Not really.

6906 was DA/SA, this is a SAO…several other differences as well. A downsized 6906 would have been a 6916.

Really, this is more of a doublestack Sig 938 than anything else.

Per this Gun Talk interview that Tom Gresham had with S&W Rep. Corey Beaudreau, the new CSX could be a candidate to be chambered in the new 30SC (12 minute mark in interview). the link below discusses both the CSX and the 30SC round that S&W adapted for the M&P EZ and Sheild Plus. Audio interview link below (Duration 13:08 minutes):

"Corey Beaudreau of Smith & Wesson joins Gun Talk’s Tom Gresham to talk about the new hammer-fired aluminum alloy micro 9mm – the CSX......."

Back