testtest

Smith and Wesson new Headquarters

When I first got my FID (firearms identification card) in Massachusetts when I turned 18yo many moons ago I went to Sports Authority and bought a Daisy air rifle because you couldn't get one without the FID. BB guns became available for anyone over 18yo to purchase sometime in the early 2000's after paintballers took the state to court over the classification of air guns being considered firearms in Massachusetts. At one point Massachusetts tried to ban paintball guns and tried to classify them as firearms....🤦‍♂️

I'm surprised the super soaker squirt gun wasn't legally classified as an assault water rifle in Massachusetts.
Card….card don’t need no stinkin card in Ohio……🥴🥴🥴🥴

It's harder to buy a can of spray paint out here
Sounds like tobacco here. Even zippo lighter fluid is under lock and key. There is a bleeping head shop, ops sorry "marijuana dispensary" on every other corner, booze and rat poison on the shelves to just walk by and pick up, bleach and ammonia sitting side by side, and of course gasoline at the pumps. o_O
On a side note. Did ya ever notice the printed on the side of the Zippo lighter fluid can "DANGER: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE", fat lot of good it would do ya if it wasn't. :LOL:

Could be true. I don't know any Colt execs, so I won't speculate.

I have no problem with the real reason being taxation at all. That's just a smart business decision.
I don't know any either, but I will speculate to my heart's content. Aa lot of people do about me and what's good for the goose is good for the gander. I don't know any Canabals either, but I'll refrain from sharing their lunch. ;) As for running from excessive taxation being good business move, YUP! Just don't blow smoke up my tail about it.

Sounds like tobacco here. Even zippo lighter fluid is under lock and key. There is a bleeping head shop, ops sorry "marijuana dispensary" on every other corner, booze and rat poison on the shelves to just walk by and pick up, bleach and ammonia sitting side by side, and of course gasoline at the pumps. o_O
On a side note. Did ya ever notice the printed on the side of the Zippo lighter fluid can "DANGER: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE", fat lot of good it would do ya if it wasn't. :LOL:
The lighter fluid is likely hard to get because it’s mostly Naptha. You can’t even get that stuff in Kalifornia. I used to bathe in it. I think I still got a 5 gallon bucket of it in the shop.

Going to be 110 degrees again this weekend in Phoenix, MAN, I'd love to be in TN in a month to attend that... chilly air, fall color, almost forget what it feels like. Be nice to go just for the history and who might be walking around that we might know (Hickok45, etc). Won't happen, but it'd be nice.

OK, good. Back on topic. 😉

New Hampshire is a great state and when I was stationed there it was great. One of the reasons when I retired from military not going back to Massachusetts was TAXES and stupid gun laws. Sorry that was 2 reasons! If I could do it all over again I would go back to New Hampshire in a heartbeat!

New Hampshire is a great state and when I was stationed there it was great. One of the reasons when I retired from military not going back to Massachusetts was TAXES and stupid gun laws. Sorry that was 2 reasons! If I could do it all over again I would go back to New Hampshire in a heartbeat!
i live here in New England, as i have mentioned many times.

i'd like a more "free-er state", like NH.

however, as it is now, i cannot tolerate nor stand for winters any more.

if i wasn't "stuck" here, i'd be out towards the southwest, like NV, maybe NM, where gun ranges are as plentiful as taxes are here.

i even like S.D. , but then too, maybe lots of land, and Kristi Noem, ...but also LOTS of snow...

Old_Me

Come on Brother. Buck up winter is as only as bad as you let it. Yup it sucks, but the dread is worse than the actual. Hurricanes in Fla. & the gulf, earthquakes in Cal., Moonbats and NIMBIs everywhere. The grass isn't ant greener. No I'm not one of those people. You Know, Ice fishermen, skiers, snowshoers, snowmobilers, dog mushers, etc. like everyone else I sit and think about next year's garden and shovel snow. ;)
Okay maybe you have a point.

if i wasn't "stuck" here, i'd be out towards the southwest, like NV, maybe NM, where gun ranges are as plentiful as taxes are here.
Granted, the gun laws are better here in AZ, but southern Nevada and Arizona are bloody HOT, 52 days this year over 110 degrees so far. It's so bright that sunglasses are not a fashion statement, they are a medical necessity, seriously. It gets old quick and all you hear is "we're leaving town for a while to escape the heat". I get in my car to come home from work which has sunshades up so the interior has no direct sunlight, yet the steering wheel is still too hot to touch. And it's only 7-15% humidity so we ALL are drinking water all day long to not hit dehydration... that part is aggravating. You know when you open the oven to turn the pizza and you get hit with that HOT dry blast at first? Or turn the blow dryer right in your face? Open your car window when in 114 and that's what it feels like. I'll re-phrase what you said: "I cannot tolerate or stand the summers here any longer". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Every place has its issues, that's for sure. The other thing we still can't get used to: you have to look at the calendar to know when Christmas is coming. Not joking on that one. 320 sunny days a year, living in AC for most of it, you have seriously no clue where you are in the year. I mean, plastic snowmen on your desert rock front yard next to your cactus in 80 degrees on Christmas Day is bizarre, althought southwest natives probably don't think so. We SO MISS THE SEASONS.

But the gun laws are great. Property tax on my 2244 sqft ranch house is only three grand a year. And Amazon has two huge warehouses here and many things we need arrive in hours. Those three things spoil us, lol.

ANYWAY, if you think you're OK with what I described, then pack up the house and come on down! Well, after the home prices deflate back down a bit. And bring Smith & Wesson with you. And SA. ;)

Old_Me

Come on Brother. Buck up winter is as only as bad as you let it. Yup it sucks, but the dread is worse than the actual. Hurricanes in Fla. & the gulf, earthquakes in Cal., Moonbats and NIMBIs everywhere. The grass isn't ant greener. No I'm not one of those people. You Know, Ice fishermen, skiers, snowshoers, snowmobilers, dog mushers, etc. like everyone else I sit and think about next year's garden and shovel snow. ;)
Okay maybe you have a point.
Granted, the gun laws are better here in AZ, but southern Nevada and Arizona are bloody HOT, 52 days this year over 110 degrees so far. It's so bright that sunglasses are not a fashion statement, they are a medical necessity, seriously. It gets old quick and all you hear is "we're leaving town for a while to escape the heat". I get in my car to come home from work which has sunshades up so the interior has no direct sunlight, yet the steering wheel is still too hot to touch. And it's only 7-15% humidity so we ALL are drinking water all day long to not hit dehydration... that part is aggravating. You know when you open the oven to turn the pizza and you get hit with that HOT dry blast at first? Or turn the blow dryer right in your face? Open your car window when in 114 and that's what it feels like. I'll re-phrase what you said: "I cannot tolerate or stand the summers here any longer". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Every place has its issues, that's for sure. The other thing we still can't get used to: you have to look at the calendar to know when Christmas is coming. Not joking on that one. 320 sunny days a year, living in AC for most of it, you have seriously no clue where you are in the year. I mean, plastic snowmen on your desert rock front yard next to your cactus in 80 degrees on Christmas Day is bizarre, althought southwest natives probably don't think so. We SO MISS THE SEASONS.

But the gun laws are great. Property tax on my 2244 sqft ranch house is only three grand a year. And Amazon has two huge warehouses here and many things we need arrive in hours. Those three things spoil us, lol.

ANYWAY, if you think you're OK with what I described, then pack up the house and come on down! Well, after the home prices deflate back down a bit. And bring Smith & Wesson with you. And SA. ;)
when you get to be of a certain age, you just don't wanna do anything anymore for the house, the family, and other things that made you what you are. you want "me time", and no more responsibilities.

that's what the Mrs and me want...."me time"...no time for shoveling (or using machinery) to remove snow...no more laying down rock salt, dand, kitty litter for traction.....no more scraping ice off the windshield,

no more turning over a garden......planting a veggie or flower garden.....and the list goes on and on.

i been all over this country and in every state as a trucker....the ld Tony Bennet song..."I left my heart in San Francisco", was popular way back when, things were GREAT in S.F., not at all like these days.

i "left my heart" in the south west. as in NV, AZ, NM, parts of UT.......

lower to no taxes, great expanse land for the money, QUIETER neighbors, ans NO HUMIDITY

i had to make layovers in KIngman, AZ, for a trailer switch. there was a Petro there......now i believe it is a Pilot.

anyway, i had parked my truck far from the building.

i started walking, yeah, bright, hot, sunny day...

i started slipping, thinking i was walking on oil from truck drippings.

my boots at the time, had those white "crepe like" soles, really cheap work boots..

the soles were softening.....that was the slipping......i'll never forget that

i got a buddy in or near Dayton, NV, tells me shooting ranges galore....but he gets snow

i don;'t want snow....

as for the fat guy, in the red suit...??

he hasn't come to my house since the kids moved out........he goes to thier house, and me and the Mrs gotta trudge thru that white 5hit.....

ask me how much i like that white 5hit...........

It can snow here too, not often but it can and everything closes down, I mean everything! Heat is the problem here and sun is scorching! Cannot go outside to enjoy back porch after 10am. It was 78 this morning at 4am. Started using AC in February this year and looks like it will be used until November. As far as gun laws go New Mexico sucks and if governor has her way it will become terrible. Sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side. As far as New Mexico goes the grass has been brown all summer.

No worries about greener grass, every yard has rock on it. We do pre-emergence and weed killer twice a year and then we don't have to think about it, lol. Also, we live on the border of east Phoenix and Scottsdale in a 70's neighborhood (north of Shea Blvd, the sweet spot) so there are several homes with horses, which scorpions don't like. We've seen ONE in 13 years so make sure you move where the horses are. If you buy a home up north of Phoenix where its now expanding, you'll have beautiful expanse and great views (not quite Kingman but still lots of expanse), and be using the pool skimmer almost daily to remove the scorpions from your pool. The big hairy ones. They like garage floors too. Plus you'll have the occasional visit from a rattler. And bobcats.

Don't forget to visit my blog "Things to know about moving to Arizona to get those great gun laws". :LOL:

BUT, if you do move here, up north, you'll be a 15-minute drive from Ben Avery. That's worth it right there. And when it gets too hot, and it will, then we have C2 waiting for ya. C2 is awesome, not many places you can do this.

Last edited:
No worries about greener grass, every yard has rock on it. We do pre-emergence and weed killer twice a year and then we don't have to think about it, lol. Also, we live on the border of east Phoenix and Scottsdale in a 70's neighborhood (north of Shea Blvd, the sweet spot) so there are several homes with horses, which scorpions don't like. We've seen ONE in 13 years so make sure you move where the horses are. If you buy a home up north of Phoenix where its now expanding, you'll have beautiful expanse and great views (not quite Kingman but still lots of expanse), and be using the pool skimmer almost daily to remove the scorpions from your pool. The big hairy ones. They like garage floors too. Plus you'll have the occasional visit from a rattler. And bobcats.

Don't forget to visit my blog "Things to know about moving to Arizona to get those great gun laws". :LOL:

BUT, if you do move here, up north, you'll be a 15-minute drive from Ben Avery. That's worth it right there. And when it gets too hot, and it will, then we have C2 waiting for ya. C2 is awesome, not many places you can do this.
you mean the Mrs and me have to be aware of these..??

rattler...........

1693954129648.png

bobcat......

1693954197404.png

seems simple enough, we had kids, have grand kids, and great grand kids....

and i have had a bobcat or 2 in my yard, digging things ups.

piece of cake..!!!!!!!

Back