testtest

Smith & Wesson Cold-Launches the New CSX Micro-Compact 9mm Pistol

I’ll see them both and raise you a Wilson Combat X9…
0A07D88F-2E4B-4A58-8DA8-F5DF9292FE7B.jpeg

• Available Calibers: 9mm
  • Magazine Capacity: 15 or 18 rounds
  • Barrel Length: 4”
  • Overall Length: 7.4”
  • Sight Radius: 5.6”
  • Height: 5.25”
  • Width: 1.4”
  • Weight Empty: 29.09 oz
  • Weight Loaded: 35.04 oz
  • Accuracy Guarantee: 1.5” at 25 yrds

I got a look at a CSX at my LGS today. It’s a very tidy, well made gun. Fit my hand nicely, had a bit of heft to it. My first impression was that the hammer is tiny and the trigger was heavier than I expected. I think I thought the hammer would be more 1911-ish. Not a bad gun overall.

I’ll see them both and raise you a Wilson Combat X9…View attachment 23863
The cost of the Wilson X9 (2995.00) vs the cost of the CZ 75D (669.00) is an apples to oranges companison. For me the WilsonX9 is out of my price range in regards to a carry gun, but they are, no doubt, fine firearms.

As a fan of hammer-fired pistols, I’ve been waiting a long time for something like the CSX! With the popularity of sub-compact 1911-like designs in .380/9mm, like the Springfield 911, Sig P938/P238 and Kimber Micro models, I would have expected a 10+ round 1911-like option from one of those companies some time ago. But, they all seem content with the popularity of their polymer, striker-fired designs. Congratulations to Smith and Wesson for recognizing the opportunity and being first to market with a hammer-fired micro-compact design! I’ll be visiting my local gun shop later today to check-out the the CSX and will likely be bringing one home, if the ergonomics are right. Especially since you can’t even find a 911 9mm new or used right now and the MSRP is cheaper than the used Sig P938s available now.

I got a look at a CSX at my LGS today. It’s a very tidy, well made gun. Fit my hand nicely, had a bit of heft to it. My first impression was that the hammer is tiny and the trigger was heavier than I expected. I think I thought the hammer would be more 1911-ish. Not a bad gun overall.
Simon, I looked at one yesterday over the counter, and I was SHOCKED at a nearly 15lb trigger pull. Couldn't believe how hard it was to pull the trigger. I think (hope) it would loosen up...this was a rental model that had not been rented yet, new. Everything was cool, but that trigger was a major issue...needs a gunsmith to get it near normal. Or 10k rounds through it.

Simon, I looked at one yesterday over the counter, and I was SHOCKED at a nearly 15lb trigger pull. Couldn't believe how hard it was to pull the trigger. I think (hope) it would loosen up...this was a rental model that had not been rented yet, new. Everything was cool, but that trigger was a major issue...needs a gunsmith to get it near normal. Or 10k rounds through it.
That’s what caught me out. I don’t know if it was 15 lbs, but it was very analog. At first I thought the safety was on.

That's what happens will lawyers get involved in a company's research and development process.

I’ll see them both and raise you a Wilson Combat X9…View attachment 23863
Concur…. Prob the best carry option out there, imo.

I was gearing up to order EDC X9, so I handled a CSX the other day just to make sure. It felt fine but no substitute for what I think X9 will be to me…
Now I’m a bit distracted by the FN hi power.

Taking another look at the picture, I can see the trigger has a flatter profile than the XDe, which would make it a lot more comfortable, but the SA only, especially with a 15 lb. trigger pull in SA, makes it a definite no go.

Back