testtest

SMSc in direct sunlight issues

SW337

Alpha
Anyone have issues in direct sunlight with a SMSc. It’s nonexistent in direct sunlight but visible indoors. I’ve changed the CR2032 battery with 2 new CR2032 batteries out of a new 4-Pack and it’s still not visible in direct sunlight.

I’m about to fill out a warranty rerun form if I can’t get it resolved by being hands on.

Anyone have issues in direct sunlight with a SMSc. It’s nonexistent in direct sunlight but visible indoors. I’ve changed the CR2032 battery with 2 new CR2032 batteries out of a new 4-Pack and it’s still not visible in direct sunlight.

I’m about to fill out a warranty rerun form if I can’t get it resolved by being hands on.
is that SMS dependant on a particular brand of battery?

for instance, in my reloading digital measuring caliper, they recommend a particular brand, over say "store brand batteries".

are you using "store branded" over name branded batteries????

I have a Shield RMSc and have never experienced this issue, no matter what the lighting conditions are. The auto adjust for brightness has worked flawlessly on mine for almost 4 years now. I use the Duracell CR2032 Lithium battery. Possibly, the auto adjust sensor on your SMSc is at fault. If you're not looking directly at the sun, I'd initiate a warranty claim.

Back