testtest

So Now that the honey badger is a SBR, how long til the Saint follows suit?

Could they be looking at and making the SBR determination because of barrel length?
Looking at the picture of the H. Badger the Barrel looks to be very “short” (not going to guess on length)
Perhaps they are cracking down on manufacturers that keep shortening the barrel length and keep marketing it designated as an AR Pistol with a brace when in fact it’s now an SBR.

Last edited:
Could they be looking at and making the SBR determination because of barrel length?
Looking at the picture of the H. Badger the Barrel looks to be very “short” (not going to guess on length)
Perhaps they are cracking down on manufacturers that keep shortening the barrel length and keep marketing it designated as an AR Pistol with a brace when in fact it’s now an SBR.
Checkout the link I added with Matt Goetz it looks like this is something the ATF has been working on under the radar.

Checkout the link I added with Matt Goetz it looks like this is something the ATF has been working on under the radar.
Ok I get that in fact that’s not the first time I’ve read that article, that being said my question still stands.
Has the H. Badger been singled out because of the brace Or the barrel?
Has anyone heard other manufacturers being contacted to cease and desist production on their AR15 Pistols?
To much conjecture.

Ok I get that in fact that’s not the first time I’ve read that article, that being said my question still stands.
Has anyone heard other manufacturers being contacted to cease and desist production on their AR15 Pistols?
To much conjecture.
I have read elsewhere it was the brace being too similar to a stock .

Just received a “Take Action” alert from Gun Owners of America (GOA), to ask President Trump to “rein” in the ATF in light of this ruling. I sent in my “Take Action” letter just now.

To much conjecture.

What difference would the barrel length make if it is in fact a pistol? The T/C contender comes to mind. Looks to me that they are going after the brace more than the barrel length.

One question for me is, what happens to all the ones that were bought before ATF made this decision? Are they all illegal now, is there a grandfather clause?
Good question Anni. Here's my view on this issue. If the question is for previously sold Honey Badgers, then the article outlines what one should do while the company takes up their disagreement on this subject with the ATF. They are: 1) take the upper of the Honey Badger and put it on another "Legal" braced pistol that the buyer owns. Or 2), if the buyer doesn't own another braced pistol, take off the upper and Transfer (I'm taking this as giving it and not an FFL transfer), it to someone so it's out of the buyers control. At this point, fill out the ATF paperwork and $200 tax stamp to make it a SBR, get the upper back and reinstall on the lower receiver.
Now if the question is all braced pistols sold on the market (that's estimated to be over 700,000, but right now I believe it's only the Honey Badger. However I fear the ATF may have more in mind on this subject), then I could see them handling it the same at the "Bump Stock" issue. Either turn them in, legally SBR them, or else, if caught with one, your a felon.
I've read several articles that proclaim that the ATF has ruled you could shoulder pistol braces. The problem is that it's difficult to find that in writing. As 10mmLife wrote, Congress is asking the ATF to clearly spell out regulations on this and other "Grey" areas on firearms. It's my belief that Gun manufactures, saw pistol braces as a means to get around the SBR regulation and now the ATF want to close that "loophole" and say all pistol braces will be considered as stocks and must go through the SBR process. They did this with Bump Stocks, first saying they were legal, then reversing this decision after the Las Vegas shooting. The Bump Stock current regulation banning them, is currently in the courts with a recent decision voiding a previous ruling that the ban was justified. A 10th circuit panel has voided/vacated this ruling, which will now be heard by the entire 10th Circuit court. I'm sure this will be in the court system for some time, so I'm sensing the pistol brace issues could follow a similar path if the ATF took this route ruling against all pistol braced firearms. I hope I'm wrong, but that's my take on the matter.

Let me reframe the topic. If Biden wins the ATF will have free reign to do what it wants, which has already been proven to be destroying the 2nd amendment.
I feel like what recentl the Justice Department make-up has shown, these agencies are filled with political operatives/bureaucrats. It's why in my view, an executive branch agency should not be issuing rulings with out Congress oversight. One day someone in the ATF rules you can shoulder a pistol brace, the next day another ATF bureaucrat with a different political or moral view rules that this brace can be shouldered, so that makes it a SBR which needs to follow those regulations.

Back