testtest

So will SPA move now that the Communist state of IL has outlawed Assault Rifles?

Typically before a corporation or a large manufacture moves to a particular local there is an evaluation done to identify how the supply chain works, infrastructure challenges, potential workforce, and other regional challenges that maybe encountered.

I can understand how QC can take a hit in a move but that should only be a short term problem and it doesn't answer my question about why the southern United States is a bad choice for manufacturing.

I live in NH where we one of the largest firearms industries in the country so I'm not sure what the South can't offer that the north can in terms of production. I would think having the nicer weather down south year round compared to the north would be ideal for production with less delays in the supply chain due to weather.

I have actually helped companies move in IT. Yes there extensive plans are usually made. But things do not always work out as anticipated or planned for. Quite often some major choices concerning components are made by those who have little concern or knowledge of thier practical applications and cost may become a larger factor than previous established items.

Marlin is a prime example of how changes on ownership and or moving can affect quality and production for extended periods.

I do not see where Hans is saying the south is bad. What he IS saying is that specifically the Berettas made in Tenn. Are subpar in his opinion when compared to those made in previous locations. He does not say it is the fault of location or in fact mention what may be the issue, simply that the difference exists.

Last edited:
Just curious why the region a firearms manufacturer is located would make them a sub par manufacturer? I apologize if I misunderstood your post.

Wilson Combat is in Arkansas, Barrett is in Tennessee, Steyr is in Alabama just to name a few. I'm pretty sure these are not companies that are known for putting out sub par firearms.

I suspect—at least when a manufacturer moves—they end up hiring a workforce that is nowhere near as technically proficient as the one they left behind.

And I would point out: Wilson, Steyr USA, et al BEGAN in those states, and didn’t move there.

true, it was on the news, that the USA and Germany are "donating" these weapons, and they ain't handguns/small arms

…and just like that there will about 10-20% of those 100 or so being sent here will go missing and applying for asylum, just watch.

Call me skeptic or suspicious but there’s plenty of other places in EU they could set up a training shop besides USA…and it’s for just them getting just one (1) Patriot Missile System and there’s plenty of simulators and gear that could send elsewhere for that training in the EU.

Need more fodder for thought…Sending them one PSM and in one quick sweep its either destroyed, captured, disabled, malfunctioned or even abandoned by fleeing or deserting operators.

Again, this Administrations military and political advisers are not the sharpest.

…and just like that there will about 10-20% of those 100 or so being sent here will go missing and applying for asylum, just watch.

Call me skeptic or suspicious but there’s plenty of other places in EU they could set up a training shop besides USA…and it’s for just them getting just one (1) Patriot Missile System and there’s plenty of simulators and gear that could send elsewhere for that training in the EU.

Need more fodder for thought…Sending them one PSM and in one quick sweep its either destroyed, captured, disabled, malfunctioned or even abandoned by fleeing or deserting operators.

Again, this Administrations military and political advisers are not the sharpest.
what would one expect from a person with dementia..???

The main Patriot tTraining Center is in OK. Every country that gets the system sends their personnel there.

I remember back in the late 80’s a labor dispute with a Chicago small machine parts company, maybe not more than 50 union employees after all the back and forth negotiations on healthcare, overtime, other benefits the hold out was over 50¢ wage increase, not sure over what that entailed but the strike made an impact not only on the workers but the industry the company supplied these parts with.

The company was at a standstill walkout strike for well over 4 months. They made the decision to move out of IL to down south. The building stayed vacant for years and finally demolished as the trend to move out of Chicago IL was the thing to do. EPA crackdowns we’re a big thing, even old mom & pop gas stations-turned mechanic shop that had unused gas tanks still in the ground were forced to shut down if they didn’t pay $$$ to remediate any contaminated soil.

So if the taxes don’t force a company or business out, the cost of doing business beyond EPA regulation, climate injustice, mandated social equity provisions, labor strong arming will do the trick.
S/A can add building windmills and solar powered do-dads…they might have a promising future under the tutelage of JB Inc.

Reagan was more coherent in office than Mark Dayton was when I met him at the MN Governor's Deer Hunting Opener at Giant's Ridge a few years back.

At least Dayton was functional enough to shake everyone's hand at the meeting, and marry the significantly younger secretary/aid later.

BTW at the Governors' meeting they had the best pasties I've ever had.

But they announced he had Alzheimer’s 4 or 5 years after he left…and in the early 1990’s, they didn’t have the early diagnostic tools they have today; he had it for years before diagnosis.
that's why so many rumors that Nancy was running things, and telling him what to do.

i wouldn't doubt it

Reagan was more coherent in office than Mark Dayton was when I met him at the MN Governor's Deer Hunting Opener at Giant's Ridge a few years back.

At least Dayton was functional enough to shake everyone's hand at the meeting, and marry the significantly younger secretary/aid later.

BTW at the Governors' meeting they had the best pasties I've ever had.
"Pasties"? Are we discussing strippers' attire now?

HG can explain what "pasties" are since he's a native Minneso
OOOOhhhhh...the UP pasty....I'm from WI....I know what a pasty (pronounced pass-tee, at least in Michigan) is....sorry! Shows you where my dirty old mind goes immediately. I lived in the twin-cities for 10 years...never heard much about them there...just in the U.P., but I know there's lots of the north shore culture that mirrors the U.P.

OOOOhhhhh...the UP pasty....I'm from WI....I know what a pasty (pronounced pass-tee, at least in Michigan) is....sorry! Shows you where my dirty old mind goes immediately. I lived in the twin-cities for 10 years...never heard much about them there...just in the U.P., but I know there's lots of the north shore culture that mirrors the U.P.
We got our pasties (plural) from the UP since they were better than the ones in Duluth. You could pound nails with them.

But the Iron Range pasty (they only gave me one) was the best one.

HG is down in corn country, and the "Cities" are a whole different world than up north.

Moving a manufacturing plant has nothing to do with north or south...it is precisely what has been alluded to...the loss of expertise in running the machines and inspecting the product being manufactured. A company in my industry was bought-out and moved from Nebraska to Wisconsin, and the products made in that Nebraska facility were FAR superior to the units coming out of the newly relocated plant in WI. Enough of the key employees did NOT relocate, and quality suffered for decades. Without a near-100% staff relocation of skilled positions, it is almost inevitable.

I have no comments on SA moving...I have no idea what processes they do in IL that we would define for this argument as skilled, vs. parts made by vendors and simply assembled in IL.

We got our pasties (plural) from the UP since they were better than the ones in Duluth. You could pound nails with them.

But the Iron Range pasty (they only gave me one) was the best one.

HG is down in corn country, and the "Cities" are a whole different world than up north.
I live in the Iron Range area... Is this pasty place in Virginia, or Hibbing, or do I have to drive down to Duluth?

Back