testtest

Solar Eclipse…..

1712595068511.png

It was partly cloudy in N TX, and we got to see the Eclipse in its totality. It was really damn cool !!

It got cooler, wind picked up, birds quit flying and chirping, then the sun came back and birds started flying again. Was wild.

My solar patio lights went on

View attachment 55551
Cool ! (y)

Since I'm nowhere near the path (compared to 2017) so been watching The Weather Channel which has been having continuous coverage from multiple locations from Mexico to Maine. Excellent coverage.

So, have been seeing the totality multiple times, which never gets old.

Last edited:
One local news coverage spoke to some folks that weren't excited, with very little anticipation. Two of those individuals separately spoke to the reporter again after the event, hoping that they wouldn't air their original comments! They ended up absolutely thrilled to witness this once in a lifetime spectacle.
Well, that's a wrap until 2099.

It is CLOUDY. Typical for here when something cool is happening. Ah well, I am tired and cranky anyway...and we are west of the main path anyway. I do look forward to the deluge of online photos of the event. I'll live vicariously through some of the people of the United States of America (it felt kinda cool typing out those words.. :giggle:) and call it good. Off to bed to rest for the battles of tomorrow..

It was partly cloudy in N TX, and we got to see the Eclipse in its totality. It was really damn cool !!

It got cooler, wind picked up, birds quit flying and chirping, then the sun came back and birds started flying again. Was wild.

My solar patio lights went on

View attachment 55551
yup we had about 2 minutes or so of no sun ,
i think the light popping back out from the edge of the moon WAS BRIGHTER than going in
all in all pretty darn cooool
our temps dropped a bit as well

Back