testtest

Some thoughts on mass shooters

It's tough to hear about this type of tragedy when it happens. It's especially sick and evil when politicians view this as a bully pulpit to suggest further attacks on our constitution. It's abhorrent when the president of the United States pounds his chest and uses this as a reason to attack some of his political opponents.

Our society has been travelling down this path for too long to expect a quick turnaround. Rather than acknowledge that a man who wants to pretend to be a woman has issues, we are expected to embrace them and applaud their "courage". It appears that this kid had some mental challenges, but the narrative is being steered in the direction that he behaved this way because he was bullied because his family was poor.

Wonderful. Now we will be told that income equality will prevent evil acts. We can expect to hear how we need more education of our kids about the evils of bullying. We will certainly hear that the existence of guns caused this tragedy.

What we won't hear about is how confused this kid seems to have been. Likely he heard a lot of the gibberish about gender identity, or lack thereof, which added to his confusion. The possibility that the societal garbage embraced and enshrined by one side of the political spectrum may have further unbalanced this kid will be prohibited discussion.

Ultimately, the narrative will become what the political left wants it to become. Not because it's true, but because it will help advance their agenda. And a lot of people who consume commercial media will blindly follow their propaganda because they are too lazy to think for themselves.

God forgive us and save us. We are squandering His blessing and the blessings of liberty because we have chosen to become complacent. We have rejected moral absolutes in favor of imagined societal harmony. We have trusted in the wisdom of man to address and solve problems which only God can fix. The ship can be turned, but we need to acknowledge that we can't turn it. This is a God-sized problem that will only be fixed through a God-sized solution.

So for me that was an unknown however that is in no way an excuse to kill children. The new movement now is people are saying they don’t want
hugs, love and prayers they want change and rightfully so you can’t blame them.
Yeah, they should demand their politicians, the ones who spent 2 years screaming about defund the police, but now want only the police to have guns, to actually do something that makes a difference.

Gotta start with this question. Who is doing the shooting ? In this case it was an 18 year old kid who was bullied at the high school.
Do you have a credible source for this?

This from fox news: 'Ramos was described as being a loner. He was unemployed and had no criminal history and no gang affiliation, DPS said. Gov. Greg Abbott said he had "no known mental health history."'

Besides you missed the point. To find a solution you have to look at the problem. Whether he was bullied in high school until he dropped out ( he was) is irrelevant. There is no doubt he was screwed up in the head. THAT is the problem and until THAT is addressed it will continue to be a problem.

Do you have a credible source for this?

This from fox news: 'Ramos was described as being a loner. He was unemployed and had no criminal history and no gang affiliation, DPS said. Gov. Greg Abbott said he had "no known mental health history."'
Funny, I read that the kid worked at a local Wendy's and that he had run ins with the local law. Guess information in a situation like this should be verified before it's publicly reported, but that would stop the ghouls in the commercial media from their feeding frenzy.

@HayesGreener,for those who aren't involved in Law Enforcement you don't realise how complicated (for use of a better word) a mass shooting is,from the shooters upbringing,mental history or motives,add in professional help,police or social workers who might or might not missed a red flag he or she was unstable enough to commit something like this,goes to show you could go shopping walk past 100 people and not have a clue who you are really walking past.

Since all the crazies are not committed anymore this will keep happening. When the screw balls are locked up and the doctors and lawyers realize that's the problem then there might be a change, until that happens expect these things to continue to happen. If kids are involved in killing others, then the parents need to be held responsible for their kids actions!

...To find a solution you have to look at the problem...
This is my point exactly. I found the first post in this thread compelling. Yes, it is was my first post because your comment injected diversion from the actual issue and solutions that I find interesting. Especially living in the region where this happened and now dealing with weeks of people here thinking anyone that owns a gun is some crazy criminal.

Also reported elsewhere (Epoch Times)...

Ramos also entered Robb Elementary School in Uvalde through a door that was propped open by a teacher just minutes before, McCraw added. McCraw said that there was also no school resource officer at the school, and he could not say why. The officer, he said, later responded when someone called 911.

At around 11:27 a.m. Tuesday, the teacher propped open the door at Robb Elementary, coming about 1 minute before Ramos crashed his vehicle nearby, McCraw said. The same teacher about two minutes later at 11:30 a.m. reported the crash and a male with a gun.

It’s not clear why the teacher propped open the door or didn’t close it after they saw the suspect crash.

Last edited:
Just this afternoon I ran across an article from 1999 IIRC, published by "Time Magazine" with a whole background on the 'Columbine' thing ...... but more importantly how the 'Columbine' thing has influenced and affected virtually every so-called mass shooting since then, whether a school shooting or anywhere else. I had not heard of any of this before reading it this afternoon and it sure offers some eye opening information.

Take a look if you will, it's about a 20 minute read. I would really be interested in some of your thoughts afterwards.

Link:

I read somewhere just a little earlier today that a 10 yr old had been arrested for sending a threatening text to someone. Apparently the text threatened to shoot up another school.

Copy cats ....... copy cats!

In the article linked above, The "Columbine" tapes, the two shooters actually made several tapes of themselves going through the process of readying themselves for the attack/shoot they were planning. They talk about how they knew they were disappointing their parents but didn't really care; they were both basically fed up with this life and ready to go. They even leave little personal notes to their parents at various spots on the tapes. But the most surprising thing is that they were actually planning on creating a new type of threat to schools in general by their methodology and that they hoped to set a new standard in copy cats who they hoped would follow suit.

In almost every school shoot since 'Columbine', the number of copied things like black trench coats, mil style boots, etc are really mind boggling when you read them and think back over them. The one thing that has changed from then to now is the type of firearm typically used .... the AR platform. Yes it was available back in 1999 but not nearly as popular at that time.

Back in 1999 when 'Columbine' occurred, the two shooters, Harris and Kleybold used a SBS they called 'Arlene' and a Tech9 IIRC. Anyone have a guess where the name 'Arlene' came from, and the Tech9, and the black trench coats? Right out of a video game called "Doom" which the two were known to have played A LOT!

Now I'm not going to argue whether or not video games lead to this kind of madness, only that in this case the two shooters copied many aspects of this particular game. And many aspects of what was done at 'Columbine' has been copied by many of the school shoots since then.

I read somewhere just a little earlier today that a 10 yr old had been arrested for sending a threatening text to someone. Apparently the text threatened to shoot up another school.

Copy cats ....... copy cats!

In the article linked above, The "Columbine" tapes, the two shooters actually made several tapes of themselves going through the process of readying themselves for the attack/shoot they were planning. They talk about how they knew they were disappointing their parents but didn't really care; they were both basically fed up with this life and ready to go. They even leave little personal notes to their parents at various spots on the tapes. But the most surprising thing is that they were actually planning on creating a new type of threat to schools in general by their methodology and that they hoped to set a new standard in copy cats who they hoped would follow suit.

In almost every school shoot since 'Columbine', the number of copied things like black trench coats, mil style boots, etc are really mind boggling when you read them and think back over them. The one thing that has changed from then to now is the type of firearm typically used .... the AR platform. Yes it was available back in 1999 but not nearly as popular at that time.

Back in 1999 when 'Columbine' occurred, the two shooters, Harris and Kleybold used a SBS they called 'Arlene' and a Tech9 IIRC. Anyone have a guess where the name 'Arlene' came from, and the Tech9, and the black trench coats? Right out of a video game called "Doom" which the two were known to have played A LOT!

Now I'm not going to argue whether or not video games lead to this kind of madness, only that in this case the two shooters copied many aspects of this particular game. And many aspects of what was done at 'Columbine' has been copied by many of the school shoots since then.
News
15 min of Fame

History has shown thru the ages the wicked, warped and criminally insane.

Copycats have alway been there.
News is all about sensation.
From the Shoot Outs in the Wild West to today, news portrays the glamour

Regardless this was a significant breakdown of law enforcement on the scene
I won't comment on the LE response in Uvalde because the final investigation and report is not in, and I do not trust the media to report anything accurately or objectively any more.

With that said, Law Enforcement and all levels of government must take active school shooters as a "Must Not Fail" mission response. That includes funding security measures. I have said it before and will say it again here. Every community gets precisely the quality of police service it deserves.

I went to school in Plano, Tx in the 80’s.
Lost a classmate to suicide. Plano back then lost a lot of kids to Suicide. So much so, it was national news.

Same struggles and issues holds for societies school kids today as it did when we were kids.
Now they use guns on others as their outlet instead of suicides.
Neither is the answer to the troubled youth.

They need societies help then and now.

Gun bans arent the answer though.

Back