testtest

Spare Parts

I've been looking for a few days now for spare barrels for my 3 Saints.
Edge Pistol 10.3 length, 1:8 CMV cabine length- LW Profile

Victor .308 16' 1:10 CMV Melonite Mid Length- LW Profile

Victor 5.56 16' 1:8 CMV Melonite Mid Length-?

I cant see anywhere where SFA shows where you can attain another from them, nor do they share the MFG info. I would love a chrome lined or hammer forged on the Edge Pistol and either other durable options on the other two or cheaper quality replacements. Find it difficult to find hardly anything that matches the specs let alone with any options I would love. I've always like Govt profile but not sure if it along with low pro adjustable gas block will fit under the stock MW Industries hand guards though. Thought I would check and see if anyone else has either bought spares through SFA or found other quality replacements?

Attachments

• IMG_5841.jpg
    IMG_5841.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109

I cant see anywhere where SFA shows where you can attain another from them, nor do they share the MFG info. I would love a chrome lined or hammer forged on the Edge Pistol and either other durable options on the other two or cheaper quality replacements. Find it difficult to find hardly anything that matches the specs let alone with any options I would love. I've always like Govt profile but not sure if it along with low pro adjustable gas block will fit under the stock MW Industries hand guards though. Thought I would check and see if anyone else has either bought spares through SFA or found other quality replacements?
Springfield does not sell replacement barrels, uppers/lowers, etc direct.
You will have to find another barrel maker it replace the SA one, if you so desire

Here's a link to primary arms where you'll find a decent selection of quality AR-15 barrels that are just as good or better than your factory barrels. Note: all AR-15 barrels are interchangeable on every manufacturers AR platform firearms so don't worry about fitment.

Ballistic Advantage, FN and Faxon make a lot of barrels for other firearms manufacturers.

Just curious as to why you are looking for a replacement for each as each one of those firearms barrels can shoot tens of thousands of rounds through them without needing a replacement unless they are for a full auto setup where they would endure excessive heat.

Last edited:
Here's a link to primary arms where you'll find a decent selection of quality AR-15 barrels that are just as good or better than your factory barrels. All AR-15 barrels are interchangeable on every manufacturers firearm. Ballistic Advantage, FN and Faxon make a lot of barrels for other firearms manufacturers.

Just curious as to why you are looking for a replacement for each as each one of those firearms barrels can shoot tens of thousands of rounds through them without needing a replacement unless they are for a full auto setup.

The Edge is setup with a binary. I live in Western SD and shoot a lot of Coyotes, Prairie Dogs (ALOT of P-Dogs), Raccoons and badgers as varmint control and shooting a bit at range. Once grouping starts to diminish on a rifle we slap a new barrel on. While they are a problem animal for us, we still see it as important to dispatch them quickly as possible. Plus with all that's going on in politics who knows if we or in my kids future if spare parts, barrels etc will be readily avail without at least some kind of red tape. So I think it's best to grab a few spares. Seems expensive I know but it's cheaper than throwing that many rounds through my HS-Precision 6.5 Creedmoor and replacing that barrel. I've got lots of extra, springs, pins, extractors and a couple extra BCG for each. I've looked at Faxom, never had one of their barrels, but know they have good rep at a cost effective price. They've been the one's I've been leaning toward if I couldn't get any through SFA.

The Edge is setup with a binary. I live in Western SD and shoot a lot of Coyotes, Prairie Dogs (ALOT of P-Dogs), Raccoons and badgers as varmint control and shooting a bit at range. Once grouping starts to diminish on a rifle we slap a new barrel on. While they are a problem animal for us, we still see it as important to dispatch them quickly as possible. Plus with all that's going on in politics who knows if we or in my kids future if spare parts, barrels etc will be readily avail without at least some kind of red tape. So I think it's best to grab a few spares. Seems expensive I know but it's cheaper than throwing that many rounds through my HS-Precision 6.5 Creedmoor and replacing that barrel. I've got lots of extra, springs, pins, extractors and a couple extra BCG for each. I've looked at Faxom, never had one of their barrels, but know they have good rep at a cost effective price. They've been the one's I've been leaning toward if I couldn't get any through SFA.
I have a 16" facing pencil barrel that holds just over 1.5moa after shooting a fairly high rate of fire at a 500 round secision with pmc xp193 @ about 5 minutes. Good enough for me.

Faxon makes quality barrels at a decent price range.

I took a chance recently and picked up a lower cost stainless steel fluted barrel from Diamondback only to be surprised at how good the quality was with the flutes having no sharp edges, barrel threads were perfectly cut and the accuracy was just as good as the more expensive barrels I've used on other builds. It maybe worth it to check them out also.

Bear Creek Arsenal might have some, but could be 2nds or 3rds. I tried 1, but the 1 I have isn't very good quality. Primary Arms purchase with another item as a buy 1 get the other free deal, so not much of a loss?

I have 2 BCA uppers and both are very accurate and seem well made to my admittedly untrained eye. That said, if I was the OP I would be looking at Ballistic Advantage , Diamondback or if money isn't a deciding factor, BCM.

I have 2 BCA uppers and both are very accurate and seem well made to my admittedly untrained eye. That said, if I was the OP I would be looking at Ballistic Advantage , Diamondback or if money isn't a deciding factor, BCM.
Still working on function before I can work on accuracy. 243win has been tricky. WW white box of 100gr sp hasn't helped at all. 1 click and it short strokes then 1 click the other way and it pops the primers. They were the only boxes I could find/purchase. What also didn't help was the throat is almost non existent (very short making some of the factory ammo's bullets hit the lands when going into chambering). I have a uni-throater and will add some more length (free bore) so the factory ammo doesn't make contact with the lands.

Still working on function before I can work on accuracy. 243win has been tricky. WW white box of 100gr sp hasn't helped at all. 1 click and it short strokes then 1 click the other way and it pops the primers. They were the only boxes I could find/purchase. What also didn't help was the throat is almost non existent (very short making some of the factory ammo's bullets hit the lands when going into chambering). I have a uni-throater and will add some more length (free bore) so the factory ammo doesn't make contact with the lands.
You are far from the first person to have issues with BCA barrels. From what I understand their CS dept. is pretty good though.

Springfield does not sell replacement barrels, uppers/lowers, etc direct.
You will have to find another barrel maker it replace the SA one, if you so desire
…one thing I do dislike about SA.
Even though almost all spares everywhere are probably contracted out .

Back