testtest

Springfeild Armory pistol braces

Tribesman

Alpha
It seems like when I bought my Saint Victor 556 Pistol with a SBA3 brace that there was a letter or certificate that it was all good with ATF (in the pistol designation... and NOT a SBR) ... does anyone know if this correct and if so where one could find that? Seems like Springfeild would've done due diligence on this before marketing and selling them.
Springfeild what say you???

Since it's their brace that SA uses SB Tactical has the ATF letters

But keep in mind the ATF can change its' rulings, ....sort of after Jan. 20th, 2021.

It seems like when I bought my Saint Victor 556 Pistol with a SBA3 brace that there was a letter or certificate that it was all good with ATF (in the pistol designation... and NOT a SBR) ... does anyone know if this correct and if so where one could find that? Seems like Springfeild would've done due diligence on this before marketing and selling them.
I don‘t remember getting a certificate when I got mine. Mine was the fixed brace, prior to the adjustable one they have on them now. However, since the pistol is sold as and registered as a pistol, I wouldn’t think there would be a problem if left unchanged. Since the brace is an SBA, you may want to go to their website and see if they have a letter of compliance. I’d think they would have that since the SBA braces are sold as aftermarket upgrades.

I changed my brace for a Gearhead Works Mod 2 adjustable brace. GW does have a letter of certification on their website for that and I printed it out. I also put a Law Tactical Folder on mine. With the folder, it put me over the 13.5” LOP the BATF has referenced. I emailed Gearhead Works and told them about the LOP and they sent me a stop for the brace which basically eliminates the last stop on the brace and keeps it in compliance (if there is such a thing). They sent it at no charge, which was really nice.

I don‘t remember getting a certificate when I got mine. Mine was the fixed brace, prior to the adjustable one they have on them now. However, since the pistol is sold as and registered as a pistol, I wouldn’t think there would be a problem if left unchanged. Since the brace is an SBA, you may want to go to their website and see if they have a letter of compliance. I’d think they would have that since the SBA braces are sold as aftermarket upgrades.

I changed my brace for a Gearhead Works Mod 2 adjustable brace. GW does have a letter of certification on their website for that and I printed it out. I also put a Law Tactical Folder on mine. With the folder, it put me over the 13.5” LOP the BATF has referenced. I emailed Gearhead Works and told them about the LOP and they sent me a stop for the brace which basically eliminates the last stop on the brace and keeps it in compliance (if there is such a thing). They sent it at no charge, which was really nice.

The brace is from SB Tactical.

The brace is the SBA3 "model" not the name of the company

I posted the link to the ATF letters already for him before your post.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. SA manufsctured and sold the pistol with those featured parts... they should have done due diligence to insure that model would be in compliance. Like Ford selling a suped up sports car and not knowing the engine is illegal. They would have discerned that before selling it. In my opinion that brace is not an aftermarket accessory... it is a deliberately calculated feature of a pre-packaged model of pistol. I will check SB Tacticals site... but you would think SA would have that base covered as well.

Back