testtest

Springfield Armory 1911 Defend your Legacy Mil-Spec

Update:
Over a year of good, hard use and cleanings. My Defend your Legacy Mil-Spec 1911 has been dropped in the mud, killed 3 hogs, took a licking and kept on ticking. Couple thousand, maybe 2500+ rounds thru it now. My favorite 1911 just due to its unforgiving ruggedness and no frills, get the job done pistol.
It is on my hip every trip in the woods.
Simple, basic and always goes bang.

Update:
Over a year of good, hard use and cleanings. My Defend your Legacy Mil-Spec 1911 has been dropped in the mud, killed 3 hogs, took a licking and kept on ticking. Couple thousand, maybe 2500+ rounds thru it now. My favorite 1911 just due to its unforgiving ruggedness and no frills, get the job done pistol.
It is on my hip every trip in the woods.
Simple, basic and always goes bang.
So, your telling us you shout it a lot......seriously, glad it’s working great for you. I had one of the Springfield Mil-Specs back in the 90’s, never had an issue with it, shot great for a base model .45, they how to make them.

So, your telling us you shout it a lot......seriously, glad it’s working great for you. I had one of the Springfield Mil-Specs back in the 90’s, never had an issue with it, shot great for a base model .45, they how to make them.
Yep, I shoot a ton.
$599 out the door and this is one of my favorite guns. You know I like expensive guns. This shines bright with the Ferrari’s in my collection.

Nice to see i'm not the only one who fails to see the appeal of glock. They feel cheap, plastic-like, are not comfortable in the hand, and my lord are they just absolutely the ugliest guns ive seen. 2nd only to Hi Point. Sccy is a close 3rd though.

Nice to see i'm not the only one who fails to see the appeal of glock. They feel cheap, plastic-like, are not comfortable in the hand, and my lord are they just absolutely the ugliest guns ive seen. 2nd only to Hi Point. Sccy is a close 3rd though.

I actually love the way they look. I specifically went to buy one because I think they're great looking guns and I know they are generally extremely reliable. They just don't feel right in my hand(s). That's the trip to the gun store that ended in me buying an XD Mod 2 4" .45

I actually love the way they look. I specifically went to buy one because I think they're great looking guns and I know they are generally extremely reliable. They just don't feel right in my hand(s). That's the trip to the gun store that ended in me buying an XD Mod 2 4" .45
To each their own. Personally the aesthetics just leave alot to be desired for me.

The SA SS Mil-Spec was my 1st 1911 back in 2010. I actually wanted the parkerized finish, but I saw the SS under the glass, was intrigued and I never looked back. Since then I have acquired a couple of other 1911's (all Camry's and maybe one Lexus) but my SS Mil-Spec is still one of my favorites that I would never get rid of.

Reminds me of when I took a high round count class and brought my Baer.

One of those loudmouths(you know the type) started talking up how I was gonna be demonstrating failure drills because I had a 1911.

His “basement tuned” Glock 19 crapped the bed on the second drill. He had to finish the class with a loaner from one of the instructors, because his G19 was SOO reliable, he didn’t even consider bringing a backup...my pistol didn’t fail once in the 500 rounds we went through.

And yes, I rubbed it in a bit...

Only a bit. You had much more restraint than I would have shown.

Bought the DYL Mil Spec as my first 1911, so had nothing really to compare. It’s really well built and reliable and realized how much so when I bought my second 1911, a stainless Ruger SR1911 gov model. The trigger and grip safety rattle on the Ruger, and the slide fit on the frame is OK, but not as tight as the Mil Spec.

I paid $579 plus tax for the DYL and it seems head and shoulders (at least for fit and finish) above a pistol that cost $300 more and got rave reviews.

Bought the DYL Mil Spec as my first 1911, so had nothing really to compare. It’s really well built and reliable and realized how much so when I bought my second 1911, a stainless Ruger SR1911 gov model. The trigger and grip safety rattle on the Ruger, and the slide fit on the frame is OK, but not as tight as the Mil Spec.

I paid $579 plus tax for the DYL and it seems head and shoulders (at least for fit and finish) above a pistol that cost $300 more and got rave reviews.
What is a DYL 1911?

Back