testtest

Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

Well, I guess the Moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter has aligned with Mars. Called my LGS this afternoon to ask him to try to find a Garrison for me and he had just un-packed one! Got what would pass for a good deal in the current weapons shortage. Looks like a dandy. I'm "old school" enough that I'm going to put in a long, solid, Colt trigger (a la the Model of 1911), standard grip screw bushings, a pair of Wood Caliber full-checkered walnut grips, and - maybe - a blued barrel bushing and recoil spring plug. (I'm too old for much "bling". ;))

A question on the Garrison. I'd kind of like to have a fiber-optic front sight on mine but can't seem to find one which would install without some machining. It's not a Novak and I can't locate the one which SA puts on the Ronin. Any ideas?

Well....I just got the magazine, and read the article about the Garrison...and had to go buy the stainless version for a Christmas gift to myself 😝
What a beautiful gun! I’ll be shooting it this week for sure ...
Post a report when u fire it Jody.
FYI mine had a few stoppages the first 6-8 mags but then settled out. Normal. No issues this past Sunday. Go a little generous with the lube/oil at first.

Looks like a nice 1911. I am particularly thankful for the absence of the forward cocking serrations.

However that useless Novak rear sight will be replaced as soon as I get one of these. Novak sights simply do not belong on combat handguns. I wish they would use the same rear sight they use on the Ronin for all of their combat pistols. Or at least offer a choice.
I believe I'll leave the Novak rear sight on mine and try to avoid combat. 😜

Back