testtest

Springfield Armory Garrison 1911 Review

Why is it impossible for SA to produce\sell a 1911 with front strap serrations? Not all of us live in cool low humidity environs. An ambi safety would also be nice. Sadly many ‘smiths in my area will not work on SAs so if I could find one, I would end up shipping it back for the front strap serrations and an ambi safety…just charge an extra $100 and save me the grief…is there any hope?

Something like this may help at least temporarily?

I just got a single issue with this pistol, why only 1 mag, Kimber just gives 1 mag , Colt also gives only 1 mag on most models, Springfield needs to give at least 2 mags. I rather pay a bit more for the gun then to go out and buy a spare mag separately, just me, old fashioned I guess

I just got a single issue with this pistol, why only 1 mag, Kimber just gives 1 mag , Colt also gives only 1 mag on most models, Springfield needs to give at least 2 mags. I rather pay a bit more for the gun then to go out and buy a spare mag separately, just me, old fashioned I guess
I only carry Chip McCormick magazines so I don't care how many mags they include with the gun.

I'll take another guess here; SA (like all others) is going to produce what they can sell the most of and make the most profit with.
And that is not the top end, most knowledgable, tweak prone firearms aficionados.

Agreed on any mag fed firearm, 2 mag minimum usually solves issues before they start or can become one though damage, malfunction, loss and it helps during reloads during range time. Back ups are usually winners.

fordag: is there anything particular of a technical nature that you dislike?
Reason I ask is, I’m replacing sights on my Tisas Carry .45…. interested in any opinions for/against the Novak clone it has (stock).
i had bought a Colt 1911 G'Ment model, with no roll marks, and no sights. i told the LGS to instal the 3 dot white Novak sights. the gunsmith had to machine the front dovetail.

they work for me
5LCVu5ZuQE6dX9BwWebol9XfcCLQAoxAoh_MEr5_dBEIIgKMNaTQvo5b354ZSCABzbhSHU24I5bVGBB0l-4D62qarZ6Q6_-SkBF1XMvkqqJRwOVClYbhCV8bc86ybAoPhVlVf6LDWbCnxDH3AhFzVFDFhsFdT_HwPCSp-AQXT-3INiCyo0Pejl94ExdRa64Zt1C-EtuYPxAzL7xd-oGAWik8801PNai6feKUs-97dBTKwx8ga1pOX8xw7MpnWOtlTmWyrrCeoe5EgyKAJ2PBZx98jYN0W2TfiyAxB4NvA7PVMtZV6YfdpWjLP6Zr0ccPy-SDkHaQU3YMSY7Ie7xXPepEf5i2xj1yyGwBXzkGwy9InOdG6Obtooc3AABWpr7YAEIHY62SfWDbSfq-EwZi3ByZUONAonD81hvWUHbNDY-XYnmP6Ct772kRUCjzaj1slHbqIJOUSu8xV5-8VldiLLoMJeFAahHywxROVAUeHvHsIeP6Sv-dP8J4c7Si6ZneuIxDcXwdEGR0bFas2jC1gzIHU7vV9yiu0KRFwZwLpMnNYt7bkIyA6xYMetlKa98yTnlYuhSrHt6sU-_9e9n68F8tcCdql4nKhsBUkmiGJ430FfPEGVdG80nB6VspdXgnp0DuGoRSU-D3Ju_PwSfxMYEcDOItgaHri4bYj9hj9ypC02uBDz-BI702W7N4PXn6uLupa9LuReVhsY4tlGpH2K4=w1250-h937-no

And on the subject of magazines why a 7 round when an 8 will be just one round better???

Reliability. Not all magazine manufacturers have mastered the art of making a reliable 8 rnd flush magazine. Which is why I stick to Chip McCormick magazines.
Great Mags. The two Colt 8 round mags that came with my Gold Cup National Match are as best as I can tell are Chip McCormick. They both have the same shooting star on the follower. Have never used them because all my McCormick mags have the thick baseplate on them and they are the ones I use.. My Kimber Raptor also has the 8 round. I guess its not a big deal.

Well…. I did it… maybe the first one here?
Saw the Garrisons at my LGS this evening right at closing time…
Gunbroker had them listed today (stainless) for $949ish.

LGS had the stainless I want for $749. Paid online this evening and I’ll pick it up early afternoon tomorrow (Fri). Their blued ones were $699.
It felt fantastic in the hand - we shall see !

Well…. I did it… maybe the first one here?
Saw the Garrisons at my LGS this evening right at closing time…
Gunbroker had them listed today (stainless) for $949ish.

LGS had the stainless I want for $749. Paid online this evening and I’ll pick it up early afternoon tomorrow (Fri). Their blued ones were $699.
It felt fantastic in the hand - we shall see !
Cool, pics to follow?

Back