testtest

Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM 16

I was averaging 1-2 guns a month last year and I told her I would slow down on buying so I had a local store write me a receipt for $200 for a gun that I paid $600 so when the wife asked I googled the same gun to show her the receipt and asked how was I supposed to pass up such a good deal.

The things we do for guns.......🤣
Yikes slow poke, this month already I have 7 newbies. That's counting 2 PSA lowers (1 AR15, 1 AR9), Beretta APX Centurion ( back ordered the compact frame from Optics Planet), Walther CCP M2 9mm, FNH 509c MRD (optics Ready), Beretta 92FS Compact, Sig P365XL Optics Ready (and the month ain't over yet 😏) . When I got home, I ordered/back ordered the Trijicon SRO for the 509c and the Romeo Zero for the P365XL (I order adapter plates for the P365 XL for possible Leupold DeltaPoint Pro. I'll switch the Romeo Zero to the Hellcat if I can find just the OSP slide (since I already have the non OSP version), or I'll just have to get the whole OSP pistol 🤫). When oh when, are you ever going to catch up 10mmLife ;).

Yikes slow poke, this month already I have 7 newbies. That's counting 2 PSA lowers (1 AR15, 1 AR9), Beretta APX Centurion ( back ordered the compact frame from Optics Planet), Walther CCP M2 9mm, FNH 509c MRD (optics Ready), Beretta 92FS Compact, Sig P365XL Optics Ready (and the month ain't over yet 😏) . When I got home, I ordered/back ordered the Trijicon SRO for the 509c and the Romeo Zero for the P365XL (I order adapter plates for the P365 XL for possible Leupold DeltaPoint Pro. I'll switch the Romeo Zero to the Hellcat if I can find just the OSP slide (since I already have the non OSP version), or I'll just have to get the whole OSP pistol 🤫). When oh when, are you ever going to catch up 10mmLife ;).
I don't think there's any chance soon that I'll catch up to you're collection but if you run out of space in you're safe I am accepting donations. 😜

There's a pain to move, but if you take the door off it makes a huge difference. My experience.
Thanks for the tip. That's my issue as well. If the movers put it somewhere I want to eventually then move it, how difficult will it be without hiring a moving company to do that. I know it depends on how big and total weight, etc. I even looked into the ones you put together yourself. Decisions, decisions.

That's beautiful! You'd definitely have to sell hats and t-shirts.

A substantive question about the SOCOM 16: How is its bark with that brake? Pretty loud?
Found SOCOM brake no more harsh than any other brake found on a 16" barrel .308Win. :) It was effective in keeping muzzle rise to a minimum, especially during rapid strings of fire, and recoil impulse to shoulder was surprisingly minimized.

Definitely my next rifle purchase!

How do I convince the wife I didn't buy another gun but I won it in a raffle. 🤔
If you already tried happy wife happy life then maybe it's time for a new wife or no wife!

I check finances with the Household 6 in fear of going overboard. We have more than a few mouths to feed yet this years nods for yes have been last weeks PSA M1A SOCOM 16 Kryptek Highlander AA9613. Today I should get the pick up call for my M&P9 2.0 compact 4". I just finished my Stribog and my Saint Edge Pistol which started all the fun off in October. She's been helping me make good decisions for our future and safety especially during these strange times, she has been on it! We don't have deep pockets but we've still managed to keep each other smiling. To great wives and great guns I guess.

I wanted a Socom length M14, so I had Smith Enterprise custom build one for me late in 2010. It made it's world debut at SHOT Show 2011 in a Sage EBR chassis, and it has been in several different stocks before finding a permanent home in a Blackfeather chassis.

IMG_8277.1.jpg

Picking up one at the beginning of August here in GA, but I've got a couple of questions for those who may be in the know...

1) In regards to the MB, is it possible to remove it and mount a properly sized suppressor?

2) Will a red dot mounted directly on the rail co-witness with the iron sights?

Many thanks in advance for the help. Will return with pics very soon.

Picking up one at the beginning of August here in GA, but I've got a couple of questions for those who may be in the know...

1) In regards to the MB, is it possible to remove it and mount a properly sized suppressor?

2) Will a red dot mounted directly on the rail co-witness with the iron sights?

Many thanks in advance for the help. Will return with pics very soon.
1. Yes, SEI makes an adapter that allows for a muzzle brake, or a flash hider
2. No, you need to replace the mount and hand guard with a railed hand guard like the Ultimak M8 or the Blackfeather SHG

Back