testtest

Springfield Emissary sights

PAGunGuy

Master Class
So I really like the sights on my Hellcat Pro.

I am working on upgrading my Kimber Custom 2 (essentially Kimber's version of the Ronin) and the sights are one of the things on my list. I see the Emissary has the same sights as the Hellcat. Since the Emissary is a 1911, I assume they will work on the Kimber (I will research that more) but I haven't been able to find the sights anywhere for sale.

DOes anyone know where I can order them?

Based on my personal experience, Springfield uses proprietary sights on their pistol dovetails, for sure on their 1911 pistols. The dimensions and angles of the bevels are unique to Springfield. Check with some of the aftermarket sight makers to confirm (Heinie, Dawson, Williams, Novak, etc).

I am working on upgrading my Kimber Custom 2 (essentially Kimber's version of the Ronin) and the sights are one of the things on my list. I see the Emissary has the same sights as the Hellcat. Since the Emissary is a 1911, I assume they will work on the Kimber (I will research that more) but I haven't been able to find the sights anywhere for sale.

They won’t.

Kimber uses a proprietary dovetail, iirc.

You’ll want to find a U-notch rear and bright tritium/luminous front.

Trijicon HD is one type; XS makes another (not sure what they call it), as does Ameriglo.

yeah, i can't find them for a Kimber.

Novak has several to choose from, just nothing like the S/A

Thanks all.

I initially wanted a Ronin, but this was during the beginning of Covid and I couldn't find one. Then I found the Kimber for a good price on Bud's and it was essentially the same, so I got that.

I'll check around and see what sight options are available

Kimber has two different cuts: Kimber (original) and Kimber custom II (99% of all kimber 1911 are kimber II, Kimber 1 was early early and was changed pretty quickly)
Springfield uses a slightly modified Colt Novak, unless it is a GI or an adjustable.
When we install sights on the SA 1911’s I use the Novak, remember 1911 sights need to be fitted, especially if you are not going to reuse the front sight retainer pin.

Hellcat does not use 1911 or Novak dovetail cut

Last edited:
Back