testtest

Springfield has not even started making the 6.5PRC Waypoint.

So I have been looking for a year for this rifle. I have not found it anywhere. Everywhere I look it’s 308, 6.5 Creedmoor, or 6 mm. So I finally just called Springfield yesterday and asked them if they were even making it. The lady told me they are not making it yet due to material shortage. She would not be any more specific than that. She did say she thought it would be around January timeframe before they started making it. Just wanted to let people know in the event they were waiting.

Thats a lie I sold one to a customer last month in 6.5 PRC. We ordered from Sports South. I am on the phone hustling every day with all my reps from every distributor I can call. Every day looking for things, and making the connections. Your dealer can’t just log in and check inventor, especially with things as rare as the Waypoint. If your dealer is not spending the time actively looking they will never get the good stuff.

I have also had a 308 and I now personally own a 6.5CM.

Last edited:
Thats a lie I sold one to a customer last month in 6.5 PRC. We ordered from Sports South. I am on the phone hustling every day with all my reps from every distributor I can call. Every day looking for things, and making the connections. Your dealer can’t just log in and check inventor, especially with things as rare as the Waypoint. If your dealer is not spending the time actively looking they will never get the good stuff.

I have also had a 308 and I now personally own a 6.5CM.
My friend, this was Springfield I spoke with directly. LOL. I’m not sure how you got a 6.5 PRC when they told me they were not even making them until January.

My friend, this was Springfield I spoke with directly. LOL. I’m not sure how you got a 6.5 PRC when they told me they were not even making them until January.
Because they make them in batches. They made the PRC a couple months ago Around August. I ordered a 6.5 creed more and was told they would build that batch this month. Then they will move on to the next caliber. I know 100% the 6.5 PRC was available because we bought one for a customer from a distributor, not even direct from Springfield. Sports South had them and they sold out before they were even in stock. Unless your dealer had a direct order in with their rep you will never get them. The waypoints are rarer than even the Professional.

Last edited:
Because they make them in batches. They made the PRC a couple months ago Around August. I ordered a 6.5 creed more and was told they would build that batch this month. Then they will move on to the next caliber. I know 100% the 6.5 PRC was available because we bought one for a customer from a distributor, not even direct from Springfield. Sports South had them and they sold out before they were even in stock. Unless your dealer had a direct order in with their rep you will never get them. The waypoints are rarer than even the Professional.
Thank you, I had no idea. And obviously neither did that lady at Springfield. If you run across a 65 PRC please let me know.

Also, where did you order your Creedmoor from? Was that direct from Springfield?
My personal 6.5 was direct from Springfield.

We have had 4 other Waypoints, 308, PRC, and two 6.5 CM that we got from Sports South. Sports South is one of the largest Distributors, just have your dealer keep bothering his rep.

customer sent me a pic of his Unicorn, but so rare it‘s not just a unicorn, but the ultra rare black one with purple racing stripes Unicorn. His was the evergreen, carbonfiber barrel non adjustable stock.
110E3D73-2869-4A15-89DA-65ACDD67863D.jpeg

It bothers me were at this point. These should be plentiful.
Well technically this is basically a custom shop gun, and things like the professional have been available for decades but they only make so many per year And are among the rarest of guns. Add in the crazyness of the last couple years, election plus covid panic buying and simple things like a 30/30 marlin or a Daniel Defense are basically non existent.

GOT IT! Going to put the vortex razor HDLHT 4 1/2 x 22 on it and use it as my hunting gun. Very lightweight.

Attachments

• 55183844-3F27-410D-974B-4F7037EA526D.jpeg
    55183844-3F27-410D-974B-4F7037EA526D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 91
Back