testtest

Springfield M-1D

mikegc

Elite
I've liked M-1s for a long time and, about a year ago, acquired a nice Springfield that was manufactured right at the end of the government contract. It's original and I thoroughly enjoy firing it. Since then, I've been studying Mr. Garand's war-winning rifle and the sniper models really intrigued me. A couple of weeks ago, I found one that I considered a "grail weapon." A phone call later, a deal was made and I received it yesterday:
IMG_2159-XL.jpg

This is the original box that was shipped to the former caretaker by DCM back in the late 1990s. He put it in two, well-padded boxes and sent it to me.

IMG_2162-M.jpg
IMG_2163-M.jpg

The original paperwork from DCM

IMG_2164-L.jpg

IMG_2168-L.jpg

All accessories are still in the original packaging

IMG_2173-XL.jpg

IMG_2175-L.jpg
IMG_2177-L.jpg

Pretty nice piece, huh? I won't assemble it . . . . that'll be up to the next caretaker.

Mike

Mike is that the scope in the box beneath the padded bag or is it in the padded bag? The 90's was a good time to get these before Bill Clinton had most of them cut up. Great looking acquisition. Buying a rifle or handgun that comes with the DCM box and paperwork is rare these days. I know you'll take good care of it. Thanks for sharing.

Mike is that the scope in the box beneath the padded bag or is it in the padded bag? The 90's was a good time to get these before Bill Clinton had most of them cut up. Great looking acquisition. Buying a rifle or handgun that comes with the DCM box and paperwork is rare these days. I know you'll take good care of it. Thanks for sharing.
The scope is in this bag:
IMG_2164%20copy.jpg

The small box contains the scope cover. The little silver-colored package is the sling.

Mike

Back