testtest

Springfield Ronin EMP 4 Failure to Feed

I apologize for bothering everyone again……unable to find an OWB holster (preferably paddle) for my RONIN EMP 4”…..any ideas ?
Thanks to all.
Wide selection with Crossbreed EMP4 holsters. Not sure about a paddle attachment, but maybe give them a call about that.

I would also contact Mitch Rosen. Some of his excellent leather holsters are also available at the SA store. I have an IWB Clipper Express model for my REMP3 on order directly from Mitch Rosen.

BTW, I have used Blade-tech, Outlaw Holsters and AlienGear for both IWB and OWB for other guns, and they all offer paddle attachments.
It might be worth contacting customer service at these other sites because there might be a comparable model/make that will fit the REMP4🤷‍♂️.
They'll also let you know whether they can do something for you, especially Outlaw who has been willing to do so for me with a particular gun.
CS at all of this companies has been very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Last edited:
BTW, I have used both Blade-tech, Outlaw Holsters and AlienGear for both IWB and OWB for other guns, and they all offer paddle attachments.
It might be worth contacting customer service at these other sites because there might be a comparable model/make that will fit the REMP4🤷‍♂️.
They'll also let you know whether they can do something for you, especially Outlaw who has been willing to do so for me with a particular gun.
CS at all of this companies has been very helpful and pleasant to deal with.
👍

Update: Well, things appeared to be good until it wasn't. My new mags came in last week and I tested the EMP again. I had only one failure to feed with the new mag out of 100 rounds. So, I think it was a mag issue. But, today I went to the range and the tritium sights fell off my gun after 150 rounds... I'm sending the gun back to SA. View attachment 26966View attachment 26967
After I got back from the range yesterday I noticed the sight tube was missing. Little things like this annoy the hell out of me! Going to shop around and see if there are night sights available for this pistol out there.

After I got back from the range yesterday I noticed the sight tube was missing. Little things like this annoy the hell out of me! Going to shop around and see if there are night sights available for this pistol out there.
SA answered…..the fiberoptic rods are .06 in diameter…..green seen best, especially dawn or dusk.
The Tritium night sights fade out during the day but are great at night….your choice.
Fineroptic rods are cheap….about $5 for a long rod….EZ to put on….I keep a bunch handy in range bag.

SA answered…..the fiberoptic rods are .06 in diameter…..green seen best, especially dawn or dusk.
The Tritium night sights fade out during the day but are great at night….your choice.
Fineroptic rods are cheap….about $5 for a long rod….EZ to put on….I keep a bunch handy in range bag.

Just spoke with Springfield and I can send the slide back and get a 3-dot sight setup installed. Also there's some stuff called Glow-On available on Amazon that looks promising. It's concentrated phosphorescent you apply and bingo, a glow in the dark sight. Might give the stuff a try and if it doesn't do the job there's always the Springfield option.

Nice video on how to do this, thanks

Yes, it only came with one mag. I ordered two extra from Springfield and will arrive tomorrow. Fingers cross that it's a mag issue. Do you/anyone know if Springfield will replace the mag if it's malfunctioning?
The best mags for a 1911 is made by Wilson Combat….unfortunately, they haven’t started making for the RONIN EMP.
Hopefully soon.

Just spoke with Springfield and I can send the slide back and get a 3-dot sight setup installed. Also there's some stuff called Glow-On available on Amazon that looks promising. It's concentrated phosphorescent you apply and bingo, a glow in the dark sight. Might give the stuff a try and if it doesn't do the job there's always the Springfield option.

👍👍👍
🎊🎊🎊
🎇🎇🎇
My RONIN EMP 4” returned from SA after continuously misfeeding….they smoothed the ramp, reamed the barrel, tweaked the extractor, and put in a new ejector…….1st time at the range today…..200 rounds (Federal Syntech, American Eagle, CCI Blazer….115 and 124gr)……..not a single misfeed…..finally a pleasure to shoot.
To all of you with similar problems….excellent service from SA.

New gun owner here. Sorry if I am not using correct terminology.

Has anyone experienced failure to feed with their new Springfield Ronin EMP in 4 inch barrel? I just received mine new last week. Went to my local shooting range with around 400 rounds. I was only able to shoot 100 rounds because the pistol kept failing to feed the cartridge into the barrel. I shot 50 rounds of Blazer brass FMJ and 50 rounds of Blazer aluminum.

I would load 4-9 rounds into the mag and rack it without any issues. No rounds sticking out or see anything out of the ordinary. When I go shoot it, Sometimes I can't.... unless I clear the chamber and rack a new round into the barrel. The gun will let me shoot 3-4 rounds and then fail to feed again. I experienced around 10-15 failures to feed out of 100 rounds trying to diagnose what's going on. The range master took a look at the gun and didn't see any issues with it. I'm not sure how to fix this issue or go about it. I'll try feeding the gun with other brands of ammo next week and see if it changes anything.
Hi sorry for jumping in here with a different topic. I recently purchased a new S.A EMP in 9mm 3” I love the feel and appearance of the firearm but after taking it out to the rage and running 400-500 rounds I ran into a ton of failure to eject problems. At least 25-30 failures. I went ahead and made adjustments to the extractor and that seemed to help a ton went back to the range and out of 300 rounds or so it only happened 3 times. I noticed the extractor was very flimsy as it seemed to have bent back almost to where it first was. So my question is where can I get a replacement extractor the ONLY website I found that carries it is midway and they have been out of stock for weeks now. I also tried a Wilson combat 9mm 70’s series on and they are different. Would anyone know where I can get an oem replacement or a good aftermarket one that fits?

Hi sorry for jumping in here with a different topic. I recently purchased a new S.A EMP in 9mm 3” I love the feel and appearance of the firearm but after taking it out to the rage and running 400-500 rounds I ran into a ton of failure to eject problems. At least 25-30 failures. I went ahead and made adjustments to the extractor and that seemed to help a ton went back to the range and out of 300 rounds or so it only happened 3 times. I noticed the extractor was very flimsy as it seemed to have bent back almost to where it first was. So my question is where can I get a replacement extractor the ONLY website I found that carries it is midway and they have been out of stock for weeks now. I also tried a Wilson combat 9mm 70’s series on and they are different. Would anyone know where I can get an oem replacement or a good aftermarket one that fits?
Did you contact S.A. customer service? Your new EMP comes with a lifetime warranty, and the S.A. customer service phone reps are very knowledgeable and helpful.
I had an issue with a broken weld on the spring assembly of my Ronin EMP 3, and S.A. sent me a replacement assembly at no charge and very quickly.
I would call S.A. and see if they want you to send in your gun, or whether they might just send you a replacement part.

I have a RONIN EMP 4”………does anyone know the diameter of the front fiber optic rod and also where it can be purchased ? Want to keep some in range bag.
No response from SA.
Sure you've long since taken care of this but for anyone else out there with the same problem... The fiber optic insert on my EMP Ronin fell out at the range and I couldn't find it. I was having a problem finding out what the diameter was so I could purchase a replacement. I still don't know. lol But I called Springfield and asked them and the young lady I spoke with sent me two replacements, one red and one yellow/green each 2 inches long at no cost. That problem solved. Now I just have to work on the constant stovepipes!

Back