testtest

Springfield SA-35

I'm a little late to the party. Just found you guys. Now about this SA-35, as soon as I found out about it it had a price of around 600-700 bucks and so I thought I might like one and started looking for one but nobody had one and when I did find one it was 1200 and I said hell no. And they are still 1200 when you can find one. I own a couple of SA guns and I like them but I've heard some things about their newest pistol and I'm not only unhappy about the price increase (which I figure will come down once the supply exceeds the demand) but the problems which I hope will be fixed in future models. I forget what I heard, something to do with springs and some other internal parts. But I also heard that the pistol is all-steel, no MIM parts so that's encouraging. So I guess I'll wait and keep an eye on this forum and see what happens. You got to admit, a Hi-Power, even a clone, is a damn good looking gun.

I'm a little late to the party. Just found you guys. Now about this SA-35, as soon as I found out about it it had a price of around 600-700 bucks and so I thought I might like one and started looking for one but nobody had one and when I did find one it was 1200 and I said hell no. And they are still 1200 when you can find one. I own a couple of SA guns and I like them but I've heard some things about their newest pistol and I'm not only unhappy about the price increase (which I figure will come down once the supply exceeds the demand) but the problems which I hope will be fixed in future models. I forget what I heard, something to do with springs and some other internal parts. But I also heard that the pistol is all-steel, no MIM parts so that's encouraging. So I guess I'll wait and keep an eye on this forum and see what happens. You got to admit, a Hi-Power, even a clone, is a damn good looking gun.
Picked up my SA-35 from my dealer last week. His price was $649.99. Have fired about 500 rounds and love the way it shoots. Measured trigger and it is a consistent 4.5 lbs. Trigger has smoothed out. Shooting off sandbags and holding at 6 o'clock it is shooting low and to the left. Going to put adjustable sites on it. I shoot competitively and have other 9mm's from FN, CZ, Sphinx, SA, S&W and Ruger and this High Power is right up with the best of them.

Mine shoots low and to the left, too:
IMG_0734 first 28-M.jpg
IMG_0732 02-L.jpg

IMG_0733 01-M.jpg

IMG_0724-1-L.jpg

The SA-35 is being worked on right now and I should see in another week or two.

Mike

Glad to hear you've had no troubles, jjdO2. And glad to hear about the price, I've only been checking wikiarms and ammoseek, etc. did not think to check with a local dealer. I will now. And as much as I want a firearm (and just about everything else) made in the USA, all of it, it's difficult to find anything that doesn't have some or all parts made in some pagan cannibal foreign country and then assembled here.

Hey they hate us too, you know? But they do like our money.

I'm new here so I can get away with that comment, can't I?

I picked mine up June 11th. I got on the list with a local dealer back in December. I had even forgotten about it because I signed up for just about every online dealer. Paid $640.00 plus sales tax. I just returned from the range today, my first opportunity to take it out and shoot and put 165 rounds though it. No functioning problems but like the others have said it shoots low and left. So far I've been very satisfied and feel that it's a good deal for the price, if you can get it for list or less. I've also heard that the new FN high power will hit the market at around $1,200.00 list.

Glad to hear you've had no troubles, jjdO2. And glad to hear about the price, I've only been checking wikiarms and ammoseek, etc. did not think to check with a local dealer. I will now. And as much as I want a firearm (and just about everything else) made in the USA, all of it, it's difficult to find anything that doesn't have some or all parts made in some pagan cannibal foreign country and then assembled here.

Hey they hate us too, you know? But they do like our money.

I'm new here so I can get away with that comment, can't I?
FYI….the frames and slides are forged by Tisas in Turkey, final fitting, finish are done here by Springfield

“Ok, just read the current issue of Gun Digest the Magazine, has a great article on the SA-35. It stated in the article, from a reliable source the way Springfield saved on costs was to use parts manufactured by outside sources, the article said the frame and slide are by Tisas, but I guess Springfield didn't respond, good read, to me it doesn't matter that if Tisas made these parts, to me it makes good sense to save on costs and to pass these savings down to us, the consumer. I just hope Gun Digest got there information right before putting this into print.”

A30975C6-E37A-4219-A817-356C7B82DDB1.jpeg

Last edited:
FYI….the frames and slides are forged by Tisas in Turkey, final fitting, finish are done here by Springfield

“Ok, just read the current issue of Gun Digest the Magazine, has a great article on the SA-35. It stated in the article, from a reliable source the way Springfield saved on costs was to use parts manufactured by outside sources, the article said the frame and slide are by Tisas, but I guess Springfield didn't respond, good read, to me it doesn't matter that if Tisas made these parts, to me it makes good sense to save on costs and to pass these savings down to us, the consumer. I just hope Gun Digest got there information right before putting this into print.”

A30975C6-E37A-4219-A817-356C7B82DDB1.jpeg
Had I known that, I most likely would have passed on the gun.
We’ll see how it holds up after its come back from SA.
Havent run it “hard” yet.
Prob run it hard next couple weeks

Back