testtest

Springfield SA-35

I picked mine up June 11th. I got on the list with a local dealer back in December. I had even forgotten about it because I signed up for just about every online dealer. Paid $640.00 plus sales tax. I just returned from the range today, my first opportunity to take it out and shoot and put 165 rounds though it. No functioning problems but like the others have said it shoots low and left. So far I've been very satisfied and feel that it's a good deal for the price, if you can get it for list or less. I've also heard that the new FN high power will hit the market at around $1,200.00 list.
Here are my first 15 rounds with my SA-35:
IMG_1341- first 15.jpg

Here are the first 15 rounds after BHSS did some work on it:
IMG_1341 New BHSS Barrel.jpg

I made the decision to send it to them after the SA-35 started having feeding/ejection issues. It runs like it's supposed to, now.

Mike

Here are my first 15 rounds with my SA-35:
View attachment 28302

Here are the first 15 rounds after BHSS did some work on it:
View attachment 28303
I made the decision to send it to them after the SA-35 started having feeding/ejection issues. It runs like it's supposed to, now.

Mike
A BHP original will shoot that way without going off to BHSS.
For far less money

I like the BHP, but I think I’d rather have another 1911. I saw an article in Combat Handgun on the Tisas 1911 Duty BR. I’m tempted. Same issue has a side-by-side comparison of the Girsan MCP-35 and the SA-35. The SA-35 just edged out the $500 Girsan.

I like the BHP, but I think I’d rather have another 1911. I saw an article in Combat Handgun on the Tisas 1911 Duty BR. I’m tempted. Same issue has a side-by-side comparison of the Girsan MCP-35 and the SA-35. The SA-35 just edged out the $500 Girsan.
I see nothing wrong with them, they are closer to the original 1911 mil spec pistols then most other manufacturers, my shop has one for $420.00

NRA handgun of the year
This was copied from the national interest web page

Made entirely in the United States, the SA-35 features rugged forged steel parts for added strength and durability, improved ergonomics and enhanced controls, including a factory tuned trigger, modern sights, an improved feed ramp design, and an increased fifteen-round capacity. Additionally, the choice was made to configure the SA-35 without the magazine disconnect as found in the original firearm's design. That small but notable change brought it in line with the rest of Springfield Armory's offerings and provides the ability for magazines to drop freely.

NRA handgun of the year
This was copied from the national interest web page

Made entirely in the United States, the SA-35 features rugged forged steel parts for added strength and durability, improved ergonomics and enhanced controls, including a factory tuned trigger, modern sights, an improved feed ramp design, and an increased fifteen-round capacity. Additionally, the choice was made to configure the SA-35 without the magazine disconnect as found in the original firearm's design. That small but notable change brought it in line with the rest of Springfield Armory's offerings and provides the ability for magazines to drop freely.
Think they got the made entirely in USA wrong, but it’s machining and fitting, plus finish is done at Springfield

Very true, so would that be an accident in publishing or someone just not knowing the facts??
Well for me I'll trust the article, and Springfield's statement of made in America, i dont have a reason to doubt them. I sure like my 35s regardless. Im sure many many companies, do play on words. Take ar 15 lowers 1 company makes most lowers.

To me it doesn’t matter, it’s still one great looking gun and as soon as my shop gets one in, I’ll be getting one. I was just stating what the Gun Digest wrote in there review on the SA35, February of this years copy, I can’t see this being published and it’s wrong, but who knows the truth actually. No biggie

Back