testtest

Springfield saint hand guard questions

hi all, somewhat new here, and definitely new to ar15 platform. A little back ground, my 1st ar was a springfield saint. By far my favorite ar, I have since bought 2 more ar's of another manufacturer. So my question is, i want to change my hand guard to one with a picatinny rail at 12 o'clock. I'm reading this may not be as simple as one would think. Can I loosen the nut and remove it, replace with my choice and tighten back up the nut? Or as I'm hearing i have to remove front sight, gas block etc, replace the guard and reassemble? Thanks and sorry for the ignorance on this. But,, I'm learning. And thats all I want is to learn and know.
Thanks, jason

hi all, somewhat new here, and definitely new to ar15 platform. A little back ground, my 1st ar was a springfield saint. By far my favorite ar, I have since bought 2 more ar's of another manufacturer. So my question is, i want to change my hand guard to one with a picatinny rail at 12 o'clock. I'm reading this may not be as simple as one would think. Can I loosen the nut and remove it, replace with my choice and tighten back up the nut? Or as I'm hearing i have to remove front sight, gas block etc, replace the guard and reassemble? Thanks and sorry for the ignorance on this. But,, I'm learning. And thats all I want is to learn and know.
Thanks, jason
I don't have any SA rifles, but more likely they are proprietary and can't just pick what you want and replace. If anything a barrel nut replacement would be required to install a new handguard. There could be 1 out there that wouldn't require a nut change? Call a company and talk too someone for good assistance!

Thanks, I tried calling bravo co. As they are the one that's on it from the factory. They are not accepting phone calls at this time. So I emailed them. Hopefully I will get a response. I did the same with springfield.
Thanks for the input !!
Jason

Thought I would update this. Instead if taking a gun apart thats only had a few rounds thru it, I traded it in for a new saint edge. Absolute night and day difference between the two. I will say, the edge does get quit hot quit fast. But it was worth the deal.

Back