testtest

Springfieldgunsusa.com

I was saying that to myself as I was typing it. lol. I am looking for a new or barely new 1911 .45 sa loaded model. stainless as always. I will take any recommendations you can provide. also I have seen videos on switching out the two piece full length guide rod with a gi guide rod to avoid having an Allen wrench handy. my specific question is can I use a full length guide rod like my Kimber stainless 45? it is one piece and needs no tools to disassemble. can this be done and does a full length guide rod make it more acurate and overall work better? thank you for the help. I am on my third 1911 at the moment. I can't get enough of them.
@Annihilator is well versed in the 1911 platform maybe he or another member can chime in on the guide rod questions.

I returned 3 930's from Wilson that would not lock the slide back after 1000 rounds. not sure what was up with them.
Unfortunately I'm not too experienced with 1911's so I wouldn't be much help figuring out what could be up with the mags.

I did just buy a Wilson Combat AR receiver set with matching handguard that I'll most likely build another .300blk with.

Wilson Combat makes a really nice product.

I was saying that to myself as I was typing it. lol. I am looking for a new or barely new 1911 .45 sa loaded model. stainless as always. I will take any recommendations you can provide. also I have seen videos on switching out the two piece full length guide rod with a gi guide rod to avoid having an Allen wrench handy. my specific question is can I use a full length guide rod like my Kimber stainless 45? it is one piece and needs no tools to disassemble. can this be done and does a full length guide rod make it more acurate and overall work better? thank you for the help. I am on my third 1911 at the moment. I can't get enough of them.
Yes, you can get a one piece FLGR…but I’d just put in a GI and call it good.

The FLGR is an elegant solution to a non-existent problem…besides adding a little weight to the front end, they don’t do anything for reliability.

Yes, you can get a one piece FLGR…but I’d just put in a GI and call it good.

The FLGR is an elegant solution to a non-existent problem…besides adding a little weight to the front end, they don’t do anything for reliability.
makes sense to me. I did not know if it would do anything special other than add extra weight. thanks. I appreciate it.

I don’t see why this Rod wouldn’t work in the Springfield, the Rod isn’t Kimber specific, but you will need the guide rod and the plug from Kimber, I would imagine could order this from Kimber

I was just looking at Armalite's Website, considering building an AR-10, and they have warnings up that there are fake websites up posing as them. Same with Colt last year when I was looking had the same warnings and I even encountered a few fake Colt websites, made to look like they are some Factory Direct Outlet for Colt.

When I was looking for

Seems to me, that ever since COVID and the shutdowns, these fake sites have really sprung up
All the Scams, not just fake websites, my name being so common I swear I am a magnet for them.

I had someone call claiming to be the fraud service from my bank, asking to verify PID (personal identification information) to prove it was me, which I told them my bank wouldn't call me and ask this info, I would call them back. I called my bank and they said they never called me. The guy spoofed my bank's phone number as well, I almost got scammed on that one.

Months later I had someone call my bank, that somehow had gotten my SSN and was able to convince them it was me, and managed to charge $8k on my credit card, but my bank caught it and got the money returned.

I got a call two weeks ago, from a woman with a thick Indian accent, stating she was an agent from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and they have confiscated a package addressed to me containing contraband and she was investigating it. So it was very important I cooperate with her over the phone to avoid getting in serious legal trouble. Yea, Ok :cautious:. These scams are getting really sophisticated, the guy before posing as the fraud department of my bank didn't have an accent and had a whole script that really made him sound legit, and answer for everything. She had an answer for everything. Except;

"Where is the closest Field Office that I can go to and answer these questions in person"?

It ended with me repeatedly insisting "Federal Agencies do NOT conduct Investigations this way"! to the point I was shouting.

Her shouting the Police are going to show up at my house, which I replied, please send the police to my house, so I can speak to someone in Person! at that point she hung up, and I called the number back to have a recorded message saying the number is temporarily unavailable.

Still worried, what if CBP actually hired an investigating officer with barely understandable English skills? I called my local Sheriff, and the person answering the phone agreed it sounded like a scam, but they record their calls, so it would go a long way in supporting my claim that I reasonably assumed it was scam in case it was a legit call. I called the CBP, waited on hold for 2 hours, then just found an email and email the details with the statement I would cooperate with any investigation, I needed better assurances if someone called me it wasn't a scammer.

Yes Sir you are right as a Policeman I see scams all the time. The latest one I have come across is usually 3 males who wear hard hats and reflective vests. 1 guy goes to a front door tells the homeowner who is usually elderly that they are from the water company and they need to come inside and check lines. This male distracts the homeowner and guy #2 slips inside and while homeowner is distracted lets in guy #3 and all the while guy #1 keeps homeowner busy while his 2 buddies are busy burglarizing the home. I know not internet related gun scam but this type is on the rise in my area and people should be aware of this scam as well.

Yes Sir you are right as a Policeman I see scams all the time. The latest one I have come across is usually 3 males who wear hard hats and reflective vests. 1 guy goes to a front door tells the homeowner who is usually elderly that they are from the water company and they need to come inside and check lines. This male distracts the homeowner and guy #2 slips inside and while homeowner is distracted lets in guy #3 and all the while guy #1 keeps homeowner busy while his 2 buddies are busy burglarizing the home. I know not internet related gun scam but this type is on the rise in my area and people should be aware of this scam as well.
That’s actually a scam going on across the country and has been going on for years. 😡

I don’t see why this Rod wouldn’t work in the Springfield, the Rod isn’t Kimber specific, but you will need the guide rod and the plug from Kimber, I would imagine could order this from Kimber
thanks for the reply my friend. I just assumed spring field had a full length rod in one of their 1911 .45s after watching a view videos I heard talk about having a full length guide rod added stability and accuracy to the gun. Hans grubber thinks is is a problem that does not exist. I watched a video last night and these used his exact words. basically sounds like the positives are the gi guide rods don't require a wrench and they have worked fine for years. however I think the full length guide rod concept is not that old and if something works better I will always consider it. would you recommend a gi guide rod and spring end cap sorry don't know the exact term from Springfield or Wilson combat? I like oem if the Wilsons are not that much better. I have one year in with the 1911. I am 53 and have been shooting since I was a kid however just got a 1911 1 year ago and I have traded pistols 9 mills and at 44 magnum for two 1911's and I could not be happier. I had a double stack llama 1911 but the handle was so fat, it was my protection gun until it failed at the range. I got if fixed but it is no longer my bedside gun. range gun only. I will keep it for the nostalgia aspect of it. I bought it from my karate instructor in the 90s and wanna keep it in the family. I have been with him since I was 10 years old.

You can order a full length Wilson guide rod from MidwayUSA.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1005766174?pid=683445

I can also HIGHLY recommend the Larry Vickers Wilson .45acp magazines, pricey but worth every penny!

I wish they made them for a the 1911 in 10mm round.
Thank you Sir. I just bought 4 47c;s and 2 500c's upgraded magazine from Wilson combat. the vickers seemed better but I don't know how much better along with being pricey, I had the 930s from Wilson and more than half failed in my mil spec. I used them for a year, by brother in law former marine sniper told me the gun needs to be run wet and let it break in. I have since run 1k bullet through it and on two of the 5 mags worked, I sent back the other 3 and bought the newer models that have stronger springs and they worked perfectly. not one issue. I have not shot a 10 mil yet, I don't know the purpose other than large game and dump trucks. my brother in law told me the bullets were expensive and the 45 was just as good. what are your thoughts? do you prefer a 10 mil over a .45? I am learning my friend. I have one year in with 1911a.

Back