testtest

Springfield’s XDs vs Hellcat

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Good story on XDs OSP vs the Hellcat. Interesting read.

I have both non-OSP XD-s (Mod.1 waffle grip), and a non-OSP Hellcat. Yes, the grips are quite different - fractions of an inch make a huge difference in feel. The XD-s is notably longer (front-to-back) in the grip compared to the Hellcat, which feels more 'square'. They shoot (for me, anyway) nearly identically, which actually delayed my Hellcat purchase quite a while because I couldn't rationalize buying such a "similar" gun strictly for capacity. Then, 2020...and....well....

The choice between the two for anyone, will literally be 'how does it feel in my hand'. If you shoot one well, chances are you'll shoot the other one just the same. The only adjustment I have to make when I switch, is making sure I don't tickle the mag release on the Hellcat or it'll drop the mag. The XD-s requires a concentrated effort to get it to drop. But that's about the only difference for me.

I have both non-OSP XD-s (Mod.1 waffle grip), and a non-OSP Hellcat. Yes, the grips are quite different - fractions of an inch make a huge difference in feel. The XD-s is notably longer (front-to-back) in the grip compared to the Hellcat, which feels more 'square'. They shoot (for me, anyway) nearly identically, which actually delayed my Hellcat purchase quite a while because I couldn't rationalize buying such a "similar" gun strictly for capacity. Then, 2020...and....well....

The choice between the two for anyone, will literally be 'how does it feel in my hand'. If you shoot one well, chances are you'll shoot the other one just the same. The only adjustment I have to make when I switch, is making sure I don't tickle the mag release on the Hellcat or it'll drop the mag. The XD-s requires a concentrated effort to get it to drop. But that's about the only difference for me.
I just bought an XDS OSP 9 mm. I love the gun. Feels like a full size but carries like a compact. I looked at the Hellcat, but it just didn't feel as good in my hands as the XDS.

I own both a Hellcat and an XDS Mod.2. Both are great guns, but I am much more likely to carry the XDS. With the 8-round magazine in the gun, the XDS fits my hand perfectly. I personally think SA should include one of the 8-round mags with the gun, instead of the 9-round mag. Capacity is nice, but the 9-round mag is much harder to conceal, even if you are just carrying it as a backup/spare mag.

Back