testtest

States

Ohio

• Ohio got its name from the Iroquois word, โ€œO-Y-O,โ€ meaning โ€œgreat river.โ€ The Iroquois Indians had begun to settle between the Ohio River and Great Lakes by 1650, although it is estimated that only a few hundred lived in present-day Ohio during any one period.
  • Ohioโ€™s nickname, the Buckeye State, is attributed to the prevalence of the local buckeye tree, whose fruit was believed to bear a striking resemblance to the eye of male deer by early American Indians.
  • Date of Statehood: March 1, 1803

Capital: Columbus

Population: 11,536,504 (2010)

Size: 44,825 square miles

Nickname(s): Buckeye State

Motto: With God All Things Are Possible

Tree: Buckeye

Flower: Red Carnation

Bird: Cardinal

You know , this is a great thread about the states and all but I have come to find out , there are several people on this forum who are complete smartaleks . To that end , I say that I am very happy to find I am not by myself , I tell you what. :ROFLMAO:

You know , this is a great thread about the states and all but I have come to find out , there are several people on this forum who are complete smartaleks . To that end , I say that I am very happy to find I am not by myself , I tell you what. :ROFLMAO:
My reply too you would be, "It's better than being a dumba$$"! ;) I live next door to several of them!

Back