testtest

Straight 8 style sights

Ranger45

Alpha
Founding Member
My favorite sight configuration is the straight 8, But sadly there are very few options for the XDm/XDs, especially bright ones, which I need for my aging eyes.
The Ameriglo I-dot would be perfect, but they don't ever seem to be instock. (Maybe they're not really being produced?)

Would it be possible to pair a Heine Straight 8 rear sight with a much brighter and larger dot front sight, like the Night Fision or Tritrium Pro ?

Last edited:
Its a good choice that I like as well. It is certainly possible, but you are going to want to carefully explain to your gunsmith what you want. The better option might end up being for you to get a "black" front sight and have them insert the type of luminescent vial you like best in whatever configuration. Please keep in mind this is a really real gunsmith type of operation, not the kids at the firearm counter of the local big box sports store. Its going to take some hand fitting, but is the type of detail work a lot of gunsmiths relish.

I like the concept of the vertical sight orientation of the Straight 8 ones as it makes things simpler (to my eyes). I think the new U-Dots on the Hellcat kind of follwo this concept, where you "drop" the front dot into the "basket" rear sight. TAL has a pretty good article about them, in case none of you have seen them in person. https://www.thearmorylife.com/understanding-the-hellcat-u-dot/
Those U-Dot sights look amazing. To get those as the "standard" sight on a pistol like that for that price seems like an amazing deal.

Those U-Dot sights look amazing. To get those as the "standard" sight on a pistol like that for that price seems like an amazing deal.
Agreed Kage-Maru. I recently took a range trip, firing the Hellcat, Sig P365, Walther CCP M2, Glock G43, and CZ 2075 Rami BD. With the Hellcat, I was able to pick up the sights with my aging eyes the quickest and it was extremely accurate at the distance of 25 feet or so. Neither the P365 or Hellcat had the bad snap I was expecting from a Micro Compact and were comfortable to shoot. The Rami Night Sights were probably next easiest to pick up. At this point, I can honestly state that I think the Hellcat sights are the best stock sights for me to "Pick up" than all of my stock sighted hand guns of all sizes that I own (probably well over 30+ and counting). I'm truly impressed with this pistol & I'm thinking of getting the OSP version (or OSP slide only, if it's ever offered), and making it my new carry option.

Agreed Kage-Maru. I recently took a range trip, firing the Hellcat, Sig P365, Walther CCP M2, Glock G43, and CZ 2075 Rami BD. With the Hellcat, I was able to pick up the sights with my aging eyes the quickest and it was extremely accurate at the distance of 25 feet or so. Neither the P365 or Hellcat had the bad snap I was expecting from a Micro Compact and were comfortable to shoot. The Rami Night Sights were probably next easiest to pick up. At this point, I can honestly state that I think the Hellcat sights are the best stock sights for me to "Pick up" than all of my stock sighted hand guns of all sizes that I own (probably well over 30+ and counting). I'm truly impressed with this pistol & I'm thinking of getting the OSP version (or OSP slide only, if it's ever offered), and making it my new carry option.
Glad to hear your feedback on it as an owner. I really want to get one (my girlfriend wants one, and I want it as well) and am saving up my money. That and a .308 AR! Oh well, once I hit the lottery I'll be able to buy all the guns I want...

Glad to hear your feedback on it as an owner. I really want to get one (my girlfriend wants one, and I want it as well) and am saving up my money. That and a .308 AR! Oh well, once I hit the lottery I'll be able to buy all the guns I want...
I like your attitude Kage-Maru, there's always hope. Me, I'll probably keep on "collecting" until I go broke. 😭

I'm waiting for P C H to give me my $5,000 a week prize. Then I'll have a fast car , a fast truck 4x4 , and a whole lot of those noisy things they call firearms of all kinds. :love:

One thing that drew me to the XDs was the fiber optic front sight. On regular black front sights I use day glow orange finger nail polish.

I'm waiting for P C H to give me my $5,000 a week prize. Then I'll have a fast car , a fast truck 4x4 , and a whole lot of those noisy things they call firearms of all kinds. :love:

One thing that drew me to the XDs was the fiber optic front sight. On regular black front sights I use day glow orange finger nail polish.
You know papa, when I was younger, naively I'd enter the PCH sweepstakes saying to self "I'm going to win this thing". I even bought some magazines thinking it would help the cause, even though they said no purchase necessary. Then a few years later, I read they were getting sued because the dumped several hundred thousand unopened entries in some storage locker. They paid the fine and promised never to let that happen again. I swore off them at that time thinking it's just a scam. I was telling that to a woman I worked with, and she informed me that a neighbor down the street had just won it, and all the neighborhood kids in Stewartsville NJ went over for the presentation. So I guess they clean up their act and it's real, but I never entered again. Good luck to you however :rolleyes:, (even though I know you were joking). :sneaky:

You know papa, when I was younger, naively I'd enter the PCH sweepstakes saying to self "I'm going to win this thing". I even bought some magazines thinking it would help the cause, even though they said no purchase necessary. Then a few years later, I read they were getting sued because the dumped several hundred thousand unopened entries in some storage locker. They paid the fine and promised never to let that happen again. I swore off them at that time thinking it's just a scam. I was telling that to a woman I worked with, and she informed me that a neighbor down the street had just won it, and all the neighborhood kids in Stewartsville NJ went over for the presentation. So I guess they clean up their act and it's real, but I never entered again. Good luck to you however :rolleyes:, (even though I know you were joking). :sneaky:

Yeah. LOL It's kinda like our lottery . They keep telling me you have to play it to win it. who would have thought? :ROFLMAO:

Back