testtest

Strikeman Laser Firearm Training System Review

I have that system and unless they've made major updates to the app it's complete garbage. Totally worthless under any form of indoor lighting because the app will continually register many false hits as soon as you activate it. By that I mean several hits per second.

Just my humble opinion but don't waste your money on this. Go look at the MantisX laser academy, which is the same concept but it actually works.

I usually have about one range day a month, mostly because of my schedule and my local range’s limited schedule. This (or another brand would be amazing if it works as advertised.

Aside from wondering if it will work based on EvilElmo’s experience, I would like to know if the system has a pad or something similar to protect my Hellcat’s firing pin. I was recently shocked to find out that Springfield encourages owners NOT to dry fire the Hellcat. I have thousands of dry fires without a snap cap/dummy round on my 12 year old G-19 without issue.

Watching for more comments on this system.

I usually have about one range day a month, mostly because of my schedule and my local range’s limited schedule. This (or another brand would be amazing if it works as advertised.

Aside from wondering if it will work based on EvilElmo’s experience, I would like to know if the system has a pad or something similar to protect my Hellcat’s firing pin. I was recently shocked to find out that Springfield encourages owners NOT to dry fire the Hellcat. I have thousands of dry fires without a snap cap/dummy round on my 12 year old G-19 without issue.

Watching for more comments on this system.
From what I read in the article it does have a pad on what is put in the guns chamber to protect the firing pin.

I bought one of these about a week ago. They are 20% off with Holiday code- AMERICA
I like it so far for dry fire practice, it gives a score history.
I like the shot placement photos. Hopefully through the winter I can improve my shot groupings even if the score isn't centered on the 10 ring.

I have not had any false hits with the latest version of the App.
It may miss a shot at times, it seems to be very good at detecting shots with plenty of light on the target.
I do get an occasional laser streak.

I haven't adjusted my sights for the laser cartridge point of impact, so it seems to shoot a little to the right. :)
It may vary from insertion to insertion of the cartridge, I've only inserted it once so far.

I am using a 1911 with a hammer, it might not be as convenient for a striker fired pistol where you would have to rack the slide to reset the striker.
(Revolvers you might want to get a laser cart. for each cylinder!)

Attachments

• 2022-11-17IMG_0694.PNG
    2022-11-17IMG_0694.PNG
    922.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 2022-11-17IMG_0695.jpg
    2022-11-17IMG_0695.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 2022-11-17IMG_0696.jpg
    2022-11-17IMG_0696.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 119
Saw these at the last gun show...they had demo's set up so you could try it out...I gave it a try and it was ok but registered false hits on occasion...The rep even said it was sometimes light sensitive. I have the ELMS (Expert Laser Marksman System) and use it a couple times a month minimum...works perfectly for me, never had an issue...

I bought one of these about a week ago. They are 20% off with Holiday code- AMERICA
I like it so far for dry fire practice, it gives a score history.
I like the shot placement photos. Hopefully through the winter I can improve my shot groupings even if the score isn't centered on the 10 ring.

I have not had any false hits with the latest version of the App.
It may miss a shot at times, it seems to be very good at detecting shots with plenty of light on the target.
I do get an occasional laser streak.

I haven't adjusted my sights for the laser cartridge point of impact, so it seems to shoot a little to the right. :)
It may vary from insertion to insertion of the cartridge, I've only inserted it once so far.

I am using a 1911 with a hammer, it might not be as convenient for a striker fired pistol where you would have to rack the slide to reset the striker.
(Revolvers you might want to get a laser cart. for each cylinder!)
I bought a 9mm laser cartridge...when I spin the cartridge in the chamber the laser moves about 12" in a circle at 15'. I hope some laser cartridges are better than the POS I bought (it was only $20 though...get what you pay for).

Back