testtest

student loan forgiveness shut down

Old_Me

Ronin

good, and i couldn't be any happier.

as a parent, i paid for our 5 kids to either go to college, trade/technical schools.

i and the Mrs had to take out loans, and i suppose some of you had to as well for your kids.

why should loans be "forgiven"..??

is my mortgage forgiven..??

yours.>??

gonna forgive one loan, might as well forgive all of them....

good ruling
i paid my debts, loans, etc.
yes DOD paid for part of my 2 degrees, but i worked that small part off in kind.
plus i spent over 25k to finish up my degrees while on active duty. contrary to the hype, the military does not pay 100%. once you hit a set number of classes per year, you are on the hook.
which at the time was really low number. i attended 2 classes in person and 2 online per semester.
every free minute was spent studying and writing dumb research papers that no body ever read. :love:
i appreciate all tax payers like me paying for parts of my college degree plans,
but in no case should taxpayers be on hook for peoples loans that choose to ignore the signed obligations

if this had held,
there would have been many law suits to forgive small bus loans, etc...complete ruin of our system

and college tuition rates bang for hours is so overpriced its not even funny.
i graduated from embry riddle world wide campus...omg costs were insane. it was like my web classes were paying for the power bill in daytona.

same for my remote classes with Texas A&M.. insane costs for not using a classroom or building and professors sittign at home holding classes

good, and i couldn't be any happier.

as a parent, i paid for our 5 kids to either go to college, trade/technical schools.

i and the Mrs had to take out loans, and i suppose some of you had to as well for your kids.

why should loans be "forgiven"..??

is my mortgage forgiven..??

yours.>??

gonna forgive one loan, might as well forgive all of them....
Yet we give billions to corporations and call it a “bailout”…no need to pay it back.

Much rather see it go to people starting their lives than companies that are failing through incompetence.

While I agree that the cost of higher education is ridiculous, nobody forced these kids to take out those loans. You took the money, pay it back. Its that simple.
I think its safe to say that the vast majority of those drowning in college debt spent that money on some completely useless liberal arts degree and can't make a living with it. That's their problem.

community colleges, trade/technical schools then.

only a certain few have the brains (IQ) to be doctors scientists, etc.

and most likely, the family can afford to send them to those high priced Ivy League colleges.

and if not, oh well, settle for fixing flat tires.
Dirty little secret; well, maybe not so secret. In the early 80s I was an ROTC instructor at a four year state university. The cadre members also academically advised undeclared majors. I had about 40 and had access to their records from high school and standardized test scores. Fully half should not have been at the university and should have gone to an alternative school (votech) or gone into the work force. The university rationalized their acceptance by mandated remedial English, Math, etc. to bring them up to snuff. Brilliant. Students spend more semesters in college, parents pay more money, and some become frustrated that they can't become astro-physicists and just end up dropping out anyway. And this was in the 80s, and we all see what a zoo colleges have become today.

About 3-4 years ago, I was working volunteer security for our church religious classes. I became friends with a high school senior who would stop by to chat. During the course of our friendship I told him a joke the result of which was pure disappointment. Understanding the joke required that he multiply 2 times 100. He was unable to do that and, thus did not get the joke.

In my experience, it is easy to tell if a kid should be going to college. If they pick major in STEM or hard core business (accounting, legal, etc) and they have already started studying in that major in high school by participating in extra-curricular activities such as the science club, ham radio, math club, etc, then they will probably do well. They probably already have an eye on making a living on their own.

If they are looking at a degree in some frivolous major, they probably are better off navigating a shovel.

Part of the problem is companies that would rather hire someone with a degree even if it doesn't have anything to do with the job than someone with experience
which i would LOVE to see another affirmative action ruling struck down, regarding hiring.

just to meet EOE standards..??

BS i say.

i have seen many jackwagons get a job that had no business, or experience like you mention, get the job, a well seasoned person DESERVED to get, just to make the company look good for "equal opportunities BS".

and i was ONE person, denied a job, all cause a person of "color or race" was hired.

but the good news there??

my buddy (who tried to get me into that place) told me that person was fired some time later.

i did not reapply, i got into something better anyways.

About 3-4 years ago, I was working volunteer security for our church religious classes. I became friends with a high school senior who would stop by to chat. During the course of our friendship I told him a joke the result of which was pure disappointment. Understanding the joke required that he multiply 2 times 100. He was unable to do that and, thus did not get the joke.

In my experience, it is easy to tell if a kid should be going to college. If they pick major in STEM or hard core business (accounting, legal, etc) and they have already started studying in that major in high school by participating in extra-curricular activities such as the science club, ham radio, math club, etc, then they will probably do well. They probably already have an eye on making a living on their own.

If they are looking at a degree in some frivolous major, they probably are better off navigating a shovel.
High schools today offer dual credit classes in coordination with colleges in the area. If a student takes one or more of those courses likely he/she will be successful at the university level.

Back