testtest

Subsonic ammo and the Saint Victor .308

I don’t need you to, I wasn’t understanding your previous post about going through different configurations to make it operate correctly but that you start with standard weights and pressure (I don’t know what your talking about here) and you don’t have any problems. I know what a carbine buffer weighs, and as I posted you can go to H1-H3. I’m either confused or we are not on the same page because I was posting a suggestion?
I got the suggestions part, but I was just relaying on what buffers and spring pressures I have. The 308s are easy, but the others(6.5cm, 260rem and 243win) have been a pain in the butt. I know I have a h1, but don't think anything heavier? I do have an extra pressure spring that would make a h1 + or = too a h2 or possibly h3? Standard spring pressure (don't know the psi) standard buffer weight( about 3.8oz). The 12.5" doesn't over pressure with a pistol length gas system, 16oz bcg and a standard pressure buffer spring. I hopefully answered the questions? If not label them as 1, 2, 3 and so forth so I don't get lost!

Ok, question
1. Educate me on spring pressure
2. Which caliber are you running a pistol length gas system on?
3. Just for fun which BCG are you running?
I’m very familiar with the M16 & AR’s (15, 308&6.5) I do not claim to be an expert but for some reason we are not clicking and running in circles. From your previous post it seems you know your way around them as well.

It's a complete upper w/bcg from Alexander Pro Firearms 7.62 nato.
The lower I built.
The buffer spring is standard length(11.5") and pressure (?). I don't have a way to check collapsed spring pressure. If I had a valve spring pressure/length machine then I could tell you.
The bcg is phosphate and weighs around 1#(which is normal weight).
Spring pressure works similar too a heavier buffer(dwell time) which should let pressure drop a little more?
It will help on lock up and not too bounce!
The correct gas port size can differ between manufacturers as their complete assemblies will function on.

The lower I built.
The buffer spring is standard length(11.5") and pressure (?). I don't have a way to check collapsed spring pressure. If I had a valve spring pressure/length machine then I could tell you.
Spring pressure works similar too a heavier buffer(dwell time) which should let pressure drop a little more?
The correct gas port size can differ between manufacturers as their complete assemblies will function on.

Alex Pro Firearms is just a little ways away from me.

Small shop, really nice people. Solid deals on some of their stuff.

The lower I built.
Ok, in your post you have mentioned spring pressure which is why I referenced question 2. That is what threw me for a loop and why I wanted you to explain to me what you were talking about with spring pressure. I know what dwell time is and I know of ways to correct it. Your using spring pressure as a comparison to a heavier buffer but why when you don’t know what spring pressure is? Honestly asking? Lastly, that’s what I was saying in the beginning on the gas port and how “most” come overgassed, where you are saying differ I am saying most....

The parts I'm using is not to correct over pressure, but to make it more smooth. With a 3.8oz buffer and what the only way I can describe standard spring pressure is what most rifles in that caliber/cartridge is designed for. It's best described as best part combination for function. As in some just change buffer weight and/or adjustable gas block. I just look for other directions

The parts I'm using is not to correct over pressure, but to make it more smooth. With a 3.8oz buffer and what the only way I can describe standard spring pressure is what most rifles in that caliber/cartridge is designed for. It's best described as best part combination for function. As in some just change buffer weight and/or adjustable gas block. I just look for other directions
Gotcha

Back