testtest

Suicide is NOT a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactical-Reviews

Master Class
Founding Member
Last night shortly before turning in for the night, I got a direct message on Twitter asking what's the most suitable gun to use for blowing your brains out.

Yes, I took action at once and reported it as a threat of self-harm. While I suspect this is a troll/joke, I do NOT find it funny in any way. I have lost three close friends to suicide, all three hung themselves. A fourth attempted but failed, thank God. With military personnel committing suicide at a rate of about 23 a day, this is nothing to joke about.
AE641591-E2B9-4DDE-A629-C1791EFAB9DA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, that’s sic, and I agree it’s not funny, a good friend of mine committed suicide some years back with a shotgun. This is why I don’t do any social media, too many idiots out there posting crap like this and they think it’s funny.

Last night shortly before turning in for the night, I got a direct message on Twitter asking what's the most suitable gun to use for blowing your brains out.

Yes, I took action at once and reported it as a threat of self-harm. While I suspect this is a troll/joke, I do NOT find it funny in any way. I have lost three close friends to suicide, all three hung themselves. A fourth attempted but failed, thank God. With military personnel committing suicide at a rate of about 23 a day, this is nothing to joke about.

View attachment 2160
Good for you, Tactical-Review, for taking action. Too many times I've heard close friend of suicide victims tell of them not taking any action because they though the victim wasn't serious, just joking around, or wasn't depressed or sad. With something this serious, action should always be taken. As for Social media (I myself am not a big user (other than this forum)), I feel sorry for those that are bullied. When I went to school, you could get bullied during school hours and then a respite, during non school hours and weekends. Now with Social media, a kid or adult, could be bullied 24x7x265 non stop. Bullying, is just one cause of the increase in suicide deaths.

As for Social media (I myself am not a big user (other than this forum)),
I actually prefer forums. Social media is a good place to push a business, as I do, or stay in touch with family or friends. Twitter is not the place for that. FB you can at least control who sees your posts. Forums are making a come back as people are leaving the anti-social media sites like FB and Twitter because of harassment. You need a very think skin these days. I get called all sorts of names like Nazi, racist, etc. None of that bothers me.

I actually prefer forums. Social media is a good place to push a business, as I do, or stay in touch with family or friends. Twitter is not the place for that. FB you can at least control who sees your posts. Forums are making a come back as people are leaving the anti-social media sites like FB and Twitter because of harassment. You need a very think skin these days. I get called all sorts of names like Nazi, racist, etc. None of that bothers me.
I don’t need that, wife calls me enough names anyway......good post here Tatical.

Good for you!, Keep hanging in there buddy. :cool:

View attachment 2160
Yeah, that's not at all something to joke about. I lost two friends to suicide in the last couple years. It's devastating to everyone involved. I'm glad you called that in. If it was just a "joke" maybe having a bunch of cops show up for a welfare check will drive home to Masa that suicide is serious.

People that commit suicide believe it will end the pain and in some ways it does however The ones Who take that last drastic step when they believe all else Has failed don’t understand the pain the loved ones left behind Feel never goes away.
We all need to stand up and offer help to those that feel there is no help available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back