testtest

Summer EDC - Tell me what gun I'm describing.

Las Vegas boiling heat is only a month or two away. Tell me what gun would replace my Ruger LCP as my summer EDC based on the following:

1. Cannot be much larger than the LCP.
2. Single stack.
3. Manual safety or a 7#+ trigger.
4. Absolutely reliable...no jamming, no finicky ammo.

Kahr recomends a ~200 rd break-in which is easily achieved for anyone just getting used to the platform & general practice. I just used fmj during my break in, and then tested various JHPs for compatibility. I settled on Gold Dots and/or XTPs based on availability.

Kahr also recomedns specific lube points for the CM/PM9's based on its design. Very small & specific points.

My PM DLC hasn't failed me yet.

Remember every gun is an individual so one may have a lighter or heaviler TP than another, and most smooth out even more with use.

I's also recommend night sights which I think are only available from the factory in the PM line, but maybe not, or you can easily upgrade a CM with them with aftermarket sights if the PM price is above your budget.

My .02

PM9 DLC

PM Series

CM Series

Manual

Last edited:
I'm a Las Vegas native as well. I personally can't consider anything else other than one of the Big 4 high cap micro 9s now. p365, hellcat, shield plus, ruger max 9 (I'll add glock43x + shield arms mags, but those mags are hard to find now). With flush fit mags any of them will be extremely close in size to your LCP, and offer 10+1 or more. With extended mags, and some practice, they'll shoot as well as larger pistols. These things really do feel like the cutting edge in CCW tech, especially with red dots and lights/lasers.

I have the S&W M&P Bodyguard .380. It came with an integrated red laser and manual safety. I changed the stock sights to TruGlo Tritium Pro night sights carried in a Desantis Pocket Shot holster with Black Hills Honey Badger 60 grain ammo and 2 spare mags IWB on my support hand side, giving me a total of 19 rounds. Very pleased with this setup on scorching hot summer days as, if the holster prints at all, it looks like a wallet or smartphone.

Not much out there that will be nearly as small as your LCP. I've had mine for 10 years, and while its not the most fun gun to shoot, its certainly easy to carry and conceal. Why replace it, unless you are wanting something more than .380acp ammo?

If I were looking at 9mm, I would personally look hard at a Hellcat or XD-S. If you want to look at Ruger, look at their new Max-9 maybe. I just don't think anything much smaller than those will be very shootable in 9mm. My two carry pistols are an XD-M Compact and the Ruger LCP.

Las Vegas boiling heat is only a month or two away. Tell me what gun would replace my Ruger LCP as my summer EDC based on the following:

1. Cannot be much larger than the LCP.
2. Single stack.
3. Manual safety or a 7#+ trigger.
4. Absolutely reliable...no jamming, no finicky ammo.
Gun Fan keeps you cool in style

Will this work? - AM Kidding! :)
So much for single stack though?

Not much out there that will be nearly as small as your LCP. I've had mine for 10 years, and while its not the most fun gun to shoot, its certainly easy to carry and conceal. Why replace it, unless you are wanting something more than .380acp ammo?

If I were looking at 9mm, I would personally look hard at a Hellcat or XD-S. If you want to look at Ruger, look at their new Max-9 maybe. I just don't think anything much smaller than those will be very shootable in 9mm. My two carry pistols are an XD-M Compact and the Ruger LCP.
I own a Hellcat and P365....both great guns and small, with one exception, they tend to bulge in my belly band (in part due to my belly and in part due to their 1 1/2 stack) and are "weighty" when fully loaded (as compared to the LCP). The LCP might still be the one. I hate to shoot it, I really do. I did buy a M&P Bodyguard 380 no laser. It's a touch larger, and it was relatively cheap in this market at $299. I'll give that a try when it arrives. I can always go back to my trusty albeit snappy LCP.

I own a Hellcat and P365....both great guns and small, with one exception, they tend to bulge in my belly band (in part due to my belly and in part due to their 1 1/2 stack) and are "weighty" when fully loaded (as compared to the LCP). The LCP might still be the one. I hate to shoot it, I really do. I did buy a M&P Bodyguard 380 no laser. It's a touch larger, and it was relatively cheap in this market at $299. I'll give that a try when it arrives. I can always go back to my trusty albeit snappy LCP.

Having carried an LCP for 10 years, it is most definitely not a fun gun to shoot. That isn't its purpose however. It's purpose is concealment in the smallest possible package, either as a backup, or EDC when you just simply can't carry anything else.

The best thing to do with an LCP is practice to the point of proficiency, and realize that its a close defense weapon. In other words, don't bother training with it at 25 yards or something crazy. I do most of my LCP range time at 10 yards and less, although I can and have hit paper targets at 25 yards with it. I've got one with the Lasermax laser on it from the factory, which helps a good bit in target acquisition. The sights on the LCP II are a bit better, but not enough so to warrant an upgrade in my books. I carry using either a Desantis SuperFly or Nemesis holster. I used the SuperFly for most of the last decade, but wore off the grippy material, and ordered a Nemesis to replace it.

Back