testtest

Supreme Court Demands New York Answer For Defying Its NYSRPA v. Bruen Ruling

Although probably “just me” that’s something I wouldn’t be saying on an open forum.
Not against the law for a Permit holder in New York to have ammo(At least not yet). Dealers just can’t send to your residence. That’s the crazy thing with the new gun laws. They’re just in place to make things more difficult for law abiding citizens. Hopefully the Supreme Court will make these laws unconstitutional.

Not against the law for a Permit holder in New York to have ammo(At least not yet). Dealers just can’t send to your residence. That’s the crazy thing with the new gun laws. They’re just in place to make things more difficult for law abiding citizens. Hopefully the Supreme Court will make these laws unconstitutional.
I believe it's just a matter of time, the NY Laws (along with several other State gun control laws) are clearly a violation of the spirit and letter of the 2nd Amendment as well as the inherent individual liberty of the people in those States. They've tried to skirt the Bruen decision by passing even more draconian laws and I suspect that SCOTUS is going to issue a smack down in relatively short order off the shadow docket and a more substantial ruling during the next session.

Personally, I cannot believe that the citizens in New York are putting up with this BS and not out in the streets protesting this egregious violation of their right to self-defense, it seems a good portion of the citizenry are just anesthetized against bald face tyranny.

Best of luck New Yorkers (and all the citizens of these other tyrannical anti-2A states).

I recently received this e-mail from Target Sports USA. I have been dealing with them for years.

Attachments

• E7B45072-3DEA-4B22-9713-30A839B64D03.jpeg
    E7B45072-3DEA-4B22-9713-30A839B64D03.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 88
I recently received this e-mail from Target Sports USA. I have been dealing with them for years.
While I feel pretty good about SCOTUS vacating the temporary injunction by the 2nd circuit, I think the odds of them or any appellate court ever even hearing a case regarding the shipping of ammunition to a customer’s home are slim. It could easily be argued that there is no infringement of your 2A rights since you can just drive to the store and buy ammo.

While I feel pretty good about SCOTUS vacating the temporary injunction by the 2nd circuit, I think the odds of them or any appellate court ever even hearing a case regarding the shipping of ammunition to a customer’s home are slim. It could easily be argued that there is no infringement of your 2A rights since you can just drive to the store and buy ammo.
I think it's possible to get a ruling on this at some point, takes a complainant that can demonstrate that compelling them to "drive to the store and buy ammo" is an unreasonable barrier and thus harms their 2A protected rights (e.g., a disabled person that cannot drive), not to mention the commerce angle that online ammo dealers can use to demonstrate irreparable harm (diminished market) and unequal treatment.

I think it's possible to get a ruling on this at some point, takes a complainant that can demonstrate that compelling them to "drive to the store and buy ammo" is an unreasonable barrier and thus harms their 2A protected rights (e.g., a disabled person that cannot drive), not to mention the commerce angle that online ammo dealers can use to demonstrate irreparable harm (diminished market) and unequal treatment.
Look how long it took to get very blatant unconstitutional gun laws to the SCOTUS. And they have already showed us that they will blatantly ignore lower court ( and obviously Supreme Court) rulings.

Look how long it took to get very blatant unconstitutional gun laws to the SCOTUS. And they have already showed us that they will blatantly ignore lower court ( and obviously Supreme Court) rulings.
I agree it can take a long time to get a case before SCOTUS, however IMHO this issue is one that is pretty ripe for a court challenge, especially on the commerce front since it arguably represents an attempt by the states to erect barriers to inter-state commerce, which is something that Article I, Section 8 was specifically designed to prevent. It also represents market favoritism (unequal treatment) with respect to local FFL versus direct-to-consumer online sellers, it basically denies a state-wide market to a certain class of sellers.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic here.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Bullet sales are rising and so are death totals in mass shootings. Can they be stopped?

Just read this Article.
"Data collection and reporting of large sales to state police, along with other measures such as behavioral threat assessments, will help law enforcement to identify bad actors, Platkin, the New Jersey attorney general, said. Law-abiding gun owners who purchase ammunition in bulk won’t have anything to worry about, Platkin said"

Yeah right, how clueless would a person have to be to believe that statement? One would also have to believe that black markets do not exist and that criminals don't know how to use them.

The whole article is just a collection of subjective opinion and mischaracterized evidence.

What most of you in free states who can see the sunshine because you aren't trapped behind the rainbow curtain don't seem to understand is at this very moment aided by nearly unlimited taxpayer funding is, they have already laid out the replacement for these unconstitutional laws which will be implemented the instant the Supreme Court decision is handed down. The only reason there was a delay after Bruen was they weren't expecting it. Anything going foward will be instantaneous. We live in a time where pompous self important mayor's and governors think they are above the Supreme Court within their jurisdictions and can do whatever they feel. Only when these individuals are imprisoned for their actions will this end and that won't happen under this current administration for sure. Instead they are lauded and rewarded for these actions. We have become a truly divided and polarized nation just as the eastern powers planned it and we have played right into their hands.

A certain party doesn't care about SCOTUS rulings unless it benefits their agenda, and when it doesn't they'll threaten/protest SCOTUS justices in violation of existing law with no consequences.

This certain party will ignore existing state laws in order to push their agenda until the state preemption laws slap them down.

In addition, this certain party will slander individuals in order to intimidate those that think differently.

All this is part of an agenda to tear down a society.
31bc6a9d.png

Yes, these are all schemes. It’s the firearm, it’s the ccw, it’s the home rule, it’s the ammo. Never blame or hold to account the criminal actor.

“Ammunition plays a large role in mass shootings, and ammunition has been historically less regulated than firearms themselves," said New Jersey Attorney General Matthew Platkin”

– and this guy has a law degree (‘Ammo plays a large role in mass shootings’). These ignorant loons find every lame and frivolous reason to get some soapbox time. New Jersey was one of the No Bond pioneers, since 2017 or so. And all of sudden its now the ammo that’s the problem.

Yes we’ve seen it - Shippers will be forced into not accepting from certain industries.

Flooding the court with frivolity has been a ploy and diversion. Sometimes it works to hold over more serious cases until that party can be better prepared. Problem arises when they continue to reintroduce variables of bogus laws previously struck down. Injunction and restraining is not always enough or treated with exigence in civil matters so these home-rules could have a standing impact to further interfere with the law abiding citizen rights for some time.

If the courts can continue to shut down these broad, far fetched attempts, then maybe there’s hope. But the integrity of the court is slowly being compromised by appointments by the elected, we cannot expect much success for the 2A if there’s allowance for re-defining colonial definitions.

(File under: You can’t buy a cannon and In 5 Days we are going to Fundamentally Change America)

Back