testtest

Take You're Gun With You!

I always carry as well, but this is still amazing the cat didnt end up around his neck
If I was being approached by an aggressive apex predator like the hiker was, that cat would be taking the room temperature challenge. Big cats can cover an amazing amount of ground in an extremely short period of time and I'm not going to wait & see if it just wants it's belly rubbed....😜

cat.jpg

I watched the video and read the article yesterday from the news. The Wildlife rangers etc., said he did everything right. Never turned his back nor ran, but stopped when he saw the cubs then Momma, and started walking slowly backwards while he filmed. Since he presumably wasn't armed, I too wondered why he didn't pick up a rock or solid piece of tree branch or something. At the end of the video, when the cat ran away scared, was when this guy threw his first rock. I'm wondering why he didn't do it sooner, especially since he put so much distance from the cubs. After the cat followed him for some distance, it looked like she switched from defense of her cubs to potential food source. I agree with everyone, carrying a firearm is the way to go.

I watched the video and read the article yesterday from the news. The Wildlife rangers etc., said he did everything right. Never turned his back nor ran, but stopped when he saw the cubs then Momma, and started walking slowly backwards while he filmed. Since he presumably wasn't armed, I too wondered why he didn't pick up a rock or solid piece of tree branch or something. At the end of the video, when the cat ran away scared, was when this guy threw his first rock. I'm wondering why he didn't do it sooner, especially since he put so much distance from the cubs. After the cat followed him for some distance, it looked like she switched from defense of her cubs to potential food source. I agree with everyone, carrying a firearm is the way to go.
I got the same impression with the cougar starting to view the jogger as a food source. The experts say you should never lower yourself when dealing with a predator because that may trigger an attack so maybe that's why he didn't grab any rocks sooner.

I got the same impression with the cougar starting to view the jogger as a food source. The experts say you should never lower yourself when dealing with a predator because that may trigger an attack so maybe that's why he didn't grab any rocks sooner.
Good point 10, the article said to make yourself as large as possible and he kept yelling and shouting at it, making it difficult (as you state), to pick up anything thus making himself smaller.

Good point 10, the article said to make yourself as large as possible and he kept yelling and shouting at it, making it difficult (as you state), to pick up anything thus making himself smaller.
If that animal had wanted to kill that man for food it would have. (She) most likely was protecting her Cubs. You could tell by her lunges with front legs/paws spread apart she was also trying to make herself look bigger then she was. This was nothing more then defensive posturing, either way he was a very lucky man.

Back