testtest

Take You're Gun With You!

I would have ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ’ฉ my shorts with no gun and definitely been non apologetic . You have a Mtn Lion stalk you for 6 min .. his profanity is an understatement
1602721999544.jpeg

Here ya go @KillerFord1977 just in case......๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

It was intimidation lunging...it was not hunting.

He did fine.

OC would have worked just as well in the situation, depending on wind...

No need to kill things just because itโ€™s scary.
If an animal is trying to intimidate me for 6 plus minutes (way too long) it's getting lead poisoning. I'm not going to risk my life to figure out if it's really a nice kitty.

Last edited:
Exactly. Remember the guy was in her environment, she was only protecting her children like we would do in her situation.
I'm not one to kill a noninvasive animal for sport but the big cat stayed with him way past the kiddos which was over 6mins. That would feel like an eternity when you're in serious risk of harm. Cougars have attacked and killed people before and cats are extremely fast so split decisions matter especially when it was charging which fortunately turned out to be a mock charge.

Fortunately there aren't any big cats in my area so I would never be in this situation.

They thought that in Missouri too. I have seen them and people I know have seen them ( Cougars/ Mt. Lions) for decades. Going back 60 years that I know of. Recently the Mo. Dept. of Conservation had to come out and admit they are here and have been for awhile.

They are mostly nocturnal and avoid humans. Encounters here are very rare. Mostly hunters who know how to melt into the woods get to catch a glimpse.

They thought that in Missouri too. I have seen them and people I know have seen them ( Cougars/ Mt. Lions) for decades. Going back 60 years that I know of. Recently the Mo. Dept. of Conservation had to come out and admit they are here and have been for awhile.

They are mostly nocturnal and avoid humans. Encounters here are very rare. Mostly hunters who know how to melt into the woods get to catch a glimpse.
I have bobcats in my neighborhood that I've seen and there's definitely black bear around me also but theres only unconfirmed big cat sightings toward the top of NH and I'm at the southern border. Either way they are pretty cool animals that I do not want to harm or tangle with.

I have bobcats in my neighborhood that I've seen and there's definitely black bear around me also but the only unconfirmed big cat sightings are toward the top of NH and I'm at the southern border.

That's the other thing we have nowadays. Bears. One was seen less than 1/4 mile from me not long ago. Everyone is bear proofing their trash cans, watching their annoying little aggressive yappy dogs and trying to leave the thing alone. Which I'm glad to see. I kinda figured some redneck idiot would kill it.

That's the other thing we have nowadays. Bears. One was seen less than 1/4 mile from me not long ago. Everyone is bear proofing their trash cans, watching their annoying little aggressive yappy dogs and trying to leave the thing alone. Which I'm glad to see. I kinda figured some redneck idiot would kill it.
I've come across a few black bear and they don't want any issue with us. A few years back I was staying up north at a place and I was walking to a dumpster in the dark parking lot at night to toss something and a black bear came flying out of the dumpster and ran past me about 5 feet away I was like WTF and It happened quick!

I've come across a few black bear and they don't want any issue with us. A few years back I was staying up north at a place and I was walking to a dumpster in the dark parking lot at night to toss something and a black bear came flying out of the dumpster and ran past me about 5 feet away.

My trip out west revealed bears who were regulars near some hotels in the mountains and stuff. People generally ignore them. Except the tourists. Like me. :)

My trip out west revealed bears who were regulars near some hotels in the mountains and stuff. People generally ignore them. Except the tourists. Like me. :)
There hasn't been a death by black bear in NH in over 100 years. More people die from hitting moose in NH & Maine then by any other animals.

This is a Maine state trooper car that hit a moose.
Screenshot_20201014-211753_Firefox.jpg

We have had them around my area for years but as in many locals , everyone said ," there aren't any big cats around here !" The first time I saw a foot print of one was back around 1970 , I was in my second year of high school , and I was walking an old dirt road way back in the bottoms. I came upon a small semi dried mud hole ( it was at the point that you could step in it and leave a print without distortion .

In the center of this small mud hole was a print that I first took to be a print of a local neighbors **** hounds. It was late fall very early winter and I was wearing thick , insulated , leather gloves. Well something kept nagging me that something just wasn't right with what I was seeing. Then it dawned on me .... there weren't any claw marks.

well it couldn't be a **** hound print. I could spread my fingers apart with my gloves on and my gloved hand fit perfectly in this print. Well I decided it could only be one thing that left that print and suddenly my .22 rifle didn't seem to be a big enough caliber.

We have had them around my area for years but as in many locals , everyone said ," there aren't any big cats around here !" The first time I saw a foot print of one was back around 1970 , I was in my second year of high school , and I was walking an old dirt road way back in the bottoms. I came upon a small semi dried mud hole ( it was at the point that you could step in it and leave a print without distortion .

In the center of this small mud hole was a print that I first took to be a print of a local neighbors **** hounds. It was late fall very early winter and I was wearing thick , insulated , leather gloves. Well something kept nagging me that something just wasn't right with what I was seeing. Then it dawned on me .... there weren't any claw marks.

well it couldn't be a **** hound print. I could spread my fingers apart with my gloves on and my gloved hand fit perfectly in this print. Well I decided it could only be one thing that left that print and suddenly my .22 rifle didn't seem to be a big enough caliber.
Awesome story thanks for sharing!

I got the same impression with the cougar starting to view the jogger as a food source. The experts say you should never lower yourself when dealing with a predator because that may trigger an attack so maybe that's why he didn't grab any rocks sooner.
He says in the video that the moment he turned his head from her she rushed him. I think bending down for a rock or log would just put your throat at an optimum height.

Back