testtest

Take You're Gun With You!

They thought that in Missouri too. I have seen them and people I know have seen them ( Cougars/ Mt. Lions) for decades. Going back 60 years that I know of. Recently the Mo. Dept. of Conservation had to come out and admit they are here and have been for awhile.

They are mostly nocturnal and avoid humans. Encounters here are very rare. Mostly hunters who know how to melt into the woods get to catch a glimpse.

Central Illinois as well. Neighbors had a really good picture of one sitting on the deck staring at their dog. Probably sat there 6-8 minutes watching each other then walked off. I wouldn't want to run into one but I'm also not hunting them. Most are males that have been pushed out to find their own range. Lots of deer here as long as they stick to that diet and not livestock then all should be fine. I also would not have shot that cat unless I have no choice. A loud boom from my firearm should have done the trick.

Central Illinois as well. Neighbors had a really good picture of one sitting on the deck staring at their dog. Probably sat there 6-8 minutes watching each other then walked off. I wouldn't want to run into one but I'm also not hunting them. Most are males that have been pushed out to find their own range. Lots of deer here as long as they stick to that diet and not livestock then all should be fine. I also would not have shot that cat unless I have no choice. A loud boom from my firearm should have done the trick.
Exactly. Well said. This is nature and unfortunately nature is cruel in regards to who is the winner in a fight to survive however in this particular incident this was a mother protecting her young and yes this could have ended badly for the cat or the human luckily both survived with an experience they probably both won’t forget. Can we say if a gun had been available to the man things may have ended different? Yes however the man himself has said he probably would not have shot the cat. Good choice.

Back