testtest

Taking the XD-M Elite to 130 Yards

Great gun. If anyone has seen a compact 3.8 elite online let me know. Regretting not pulling the trigger earlier this week, and when I went to buy it online yesterday it was gone...

thank you all!

Does anyone know if the regular
XDm magazines will work in the elite magwell? It appears that they took a XDm magazine and added an extended floor plate that holds 3 more rounds. Just thinking that without the magwell they might work and give me another option.

Does anyone know if the regular
XDm magazines will work in the elite magwell? It appears that they took a XDm magazine and added an extended floor plate that holds 3 more rounds. Just thinking that without the magwell they might work and give me another option.
Yes, but you need to get the right combination based on the Elite model you own. I have the 3.8 Compact, and I ordered XD-M 19-round extended mags.

Yes, but you need to get the right combination based on the Elite model you own. I have the 3.8 Compact, and I ordered XD-M 19-round extended mags.

How do you like that 3.8 compact? It’s been my latest hunt and cannot find one. Really like the adjustment ability from compact to full size. Interested to try that meta trigger.

How do you like that 3.8 compact? It’s been my latest hunt and cannot find one. Really like the adjustment ability from compact to full size. Interested to try that meta trigger.
I like it a lot, so much it's now my EDC. I really like the META trigger, and feel it is the best factory trigger out there. The combination of flat face, short take-up, and reset are just right for me.

I like it a lot, so much it's now my EDC. I really like the META trigger, and feel it is the best factory trigger out there. The combination of flat face, short take-up, and reset are just right for me.

@David N. that’s great to hear! I am still working through my EDC cycles (I think I just have a problem), but really like that3.8 compact.

if you come across another pm me :). Been hunting and can’t find one!

@David N. that’s great to hear! I am still working through my EDC cycles (I think I just have a problem), but really like that3.8 compact.

if you come across another pm me :). Been hunting and can’t find one!
Will do. I ordered mine through Bud's Gun Shop on Labor Day just before it was announced. The META is better than other striker fired pistols I fired, including XD-M, XD-S, Glock, Walther, Ruger, S&W, and SIG. Not quite as good as a 1911 due to the pivot point.

Last edited:
The XDM-Elites are some of my favorite handguns. I have both the 3.8" and the 4.5" in 9mm, and have found both to be extremely accurate. I'm on the fence about the Compact because one of the things I like best about the Elite series is the increased ammo capacity. I'd probably already have picked up a Compact if my Sig P365 hadn't been such an excellent, an easily concealable, EDC.

Back