testtest

Taking up pipe smoking

Like BassBob said "I know a few guys who switched to a pipe to help them put down cigarettes." That was me. When coffin nails went up to 75 cents a pact ( :LOL: o_O :ROFLMAO:) took up the pipe full time, almost did it when they went to $.50. Speaking of "Coffin Nail" the first time I can find the term used was in the 1890's. Don't know about anyone else but "coffin nails" don't sound like something healthy to me. We got it, some people don't like tobacco, some of us don't like being preached at by the holier than thou either. I wouldn't encourage it and would say I would think twice before starting, but if that's your choice have at it. If you do decide to smoke a pipe, HANG ON YOU ARE IN FOR A RIDE. What shape pipe do you find you like best, ya just got to try em all, aromatic or english tobacco, what blend, what the pipe is made of clay, corncob, brier, meerschaum, what pipe maker, on and on and on. Then you're going to start thinking Maybe I need a Dunhill, or an Astley, Maybe a Comoy or Savinelli, or Barling. And, you think shooting is expensive?
BUT: You get to join the one type of person that it is just A-Okay to Prejudice against, smokers.;):devilish:

Tell ya what Bob, I will zip it when I feel like it not when told to how about that.
Hey, it’s a free-ish country. Feel free to virtue signal all up and down this thread Sid. I think I’ll just stick to advice that’s actually helpful to the guy who started the thread without talking to him like he’s retarded and doesn’t know smoking is bad for your health.

Hey, when you’re finished here maybe pop into the Potent Potables thread and tell some stories about liver disease and alcoholism.

Hey, it’s a free-ish country. Feel free to virtue signal all up and down this thread Sid. I think I’ll just stick to advice that’s actually helpful to the guy who started the thread without talking to him like he’s retarded and doesn’t know smoking is bad for your health.

Hey, when you’re finished here maybe pop into the Potent Potables thread and tell some stories about liver disease and alcoholism.
So, in your exalted, all important opinion, advising someone to stop or not start more importantly, smoking is not helpful,

Sorry Bob but when it comes to smoking and the damage it does , I will never ZIP it. If I can stop someone from making the mistake of starting to smoke or to get someone to stop when they already smoke then I will do so.

While it is true that some are able to smoke all their lives and not have any severe health issues , very few are in that club.
You think your comments in this thread are going to stop anyone from smoking Papa ? It’s an admirable goal my friend but I think people have pretty much all made their minds up one way or another here.

So, in your exalted, all important opinion, advising someone to stop or not start more importantly, smoking is not helpful,
That’s what you got out of that eh? Exalted opinion ? Seems to me I’m one of very few in this thread not foisting my opinion on anyone.

I’m pretty sure after the first 65 “ you shouldn’t smoke” comments you were no longer in effect advising anyone. More like berating.

That’s what you got out of that eh? Exalted opinion ? Seems to me I’m one of very few in this thread not foisting my opinion on anyone.

I’m pretty sure after the first 65 “ you shouldn’t smoke” comments you were no longer in effect advising anyone. More like berating.
Asking please is berating, interesting view there. When I berate someone there will be no mistaking.

Time to pick up my mother for dinner take care Bob. .

Asking please is berating, interesting view there. When I berate someone there will be no mistaking.

Time to pick up my mother for dinner take care Bob. .
Well when someone is told something for the 34th time, what would you call it?

I used to be like you brother. But then I read some book and now I am much more likely to berate someone without them actually knowing it. Until later. When they’re thinking about it and realizing they were wrong.

Enjoy your dinner with your mom Sid. I do that every Thursday. You never know how many Thursdays they’ll have left.

Back