testtest

Targets

Home, I have a "self-healing" 8" plate on a stand. No satisfying metal DING, but it's an orange material that I paint white every session, so I get the effect of one of those "reactive" targets and can see my shots fairly clearly. Sometimes I'll save shipping boxes and cut them into shapes, to prop in front of the plate. Occasionally I'll remember to freeze a 2L bottle of water, or snag some rotting apples from the neighbor's tree. At the range, I just use torso papers, usually with the bullseyes over each shoulder and off each hip, for different points of aim to practice on.

I carry IWB on my right hip (right handed), and safe-draw practice at home I can cross with my left hand, yank clothes out of the way as I draw with my right hand, left hand meets for support on the way up, and I can put my laser on target fairly quickly.

I'll take concealed over open anyday, at least in our current climate. A "longer" concealed draw is, in my mind, mitigated by the fact that open carry makes you the first target ("the guy who can fight back") without you having to make any motions at all. I'll take the element of surprise.

How many rockets can you take out in X amount of time.

1579561383272.png

:)

I fashion a good many targets on thin posterboard a neighbor had given me. Nothing elaborate, mainly just circle "bullseye" types with magic markers and highlighters. Works very well, and can't beat the price! Good shooting.

I fashion a good many targets on thin posterboard a neighbor had given me. Nothing elaborate, mainly just circle "bullseye" types with magic markers and highlighters. Works very well, and can't beat the price! Good shooting.
I use letter size 110# legal size sheets to print targets that I have found for free online. Additionally use some human analogs that I purchase at the range.

I use letter size 110# legal size sheets to print targets that I have found for free online. Additionally use some human analogs that I purchase at the range.
Th
Thanks. Also, thanks for your service.

I have used playing cards. If you want to make it more challenging, shoot at them edgewise.

We used to do that with a .22 when we were kids but I haven't tried it in years. Sounds like a good excuse to make another trip to the range!

I need to do that on my next outing - thanks for that, folks! :)

I like to dispose of trashed IDPA cardboard by turning them sideways and trying to shoot the head off (it pops off with such satisfaction, if you've never tried it, you should!). My daughter tried this for the first time and did the trick at 4 yards or so: she was using her G17 at the time, but got tired of its recoil, so we switched back to her Buckmark to finish the session.

With the .22, she made several solid hits, but it just lacked the ommph to pop the cardboard off at the perforations. I think that the playing cards will give us hours of enjoyment!

Thanks again! :)

I need to do that on my next outing - thanks for that, folks! :)

I like to dispose of trashed IDPA cardboard by turning them sideways and trying to shoot the head off (it pops off with such satisfaction, if you've never tried it, you should!). My daughter tried this for the first time and did the trick at 4 yards or so: she was using her G17 at the time, but got tired of its recoil, so we switched back to her Buckmark to finish the session.

With the .22, she made several solid hits, but it just lacked the ommph to pop the cardboard off at the perforations. I think that the playing cards will give us hours of enjoyment!

Thanks again! :)
Good shot is Ace of Spades at 21 feet.....

Back