testtest

Taurus G3C

jmcd

Professional
Founding Member
I have the opportunity to pick up a brand new Taurus G3C9ET with the 3 mags (10 rounders for me) and a Blackhawk IWB for about $235. Deal? No Deal? Are they any good? I've heard stories good and bad. Probably not something I would carry, but would certainly bring to the range. Thoughts?

Well the pistol alone new is around $300. It's certainly not a great gun, nor is it something I would buy having worked on a couple, but I will say they get MUCH better reviews than the G2C. And with the mags and holster you are getting a pretty dang good deal.

I have the opportunity to pick up a brand new Taurus G3C9ET with the 3 mags (10 rounders for me) and a Blackhawk IWB for about $235. Deal? No Deal? Are they any good? I've heard stories good and bad. Probably not something I would carry, but would certainly bring to the range. Thoughts?
Hey @jmcd, here's a review by Sootch00 on the G3c. Take it for what it's worth (I haven't watched it), but he does some good reviews in my opinion.

View some videos on youtube by 2 sources, Black Diamond Guns and Gear, and Honest Outlaw. Both are independent sources for opinions. Black Diamond guys love the Taurus G-series, Honest Outlaw I could not say (I've not seen his opinions on this make, but he tells it like it is and is not paid by any manufacturer, and he has done several videos on G-series). I'm sure there are more, but these 2 are sources I know to give you their opinion, not paid opinion.

Some here think everything sucks except what they think is best...

I have no opinion on a Taurus G3C, as I do not own one, nor have I fired one. Good luck...

For $235 you can't go wrong. Worst case scenario you have a beater pistol that you don't care too much about.

View some videos on youtube by 2 sources, Black Diamond Guns and Gear, and Honest Outlaw. Both are independent sources for opinions. Black Diamond guys love the Taurus G-series, Honest Outlaw I could not say (I've not seen his opinions on this make, but he tells it like it is and is not paid by any manufacturer, and he has done several videos on G-series). I'm sure there are more, but these 2 are sources I know to give you their opinion, not paid opinion.

Some here think everything sucks except what they think is best...

I have no opinion on a Taurus G3C, as I do not own one, nor have I fired one. Good luck...
And some here dislike them based on their experience with them. Which in my case was a grand total of 2 of them. Neither of which fed reliably and both of which had the crappiest little plastic RSAs I've ever seen.

There's a thread here about them. Many different opinions voiced by guys that have them. Some of whom have them, have problems with them, had to send them back to Taurus a few times and inexplicably still like them.

Here's a previous thread posted on this forum concerning the G3c and some issues experienced.

Thanks Bet. Watched the video and read some of the thread. Like the fact that Glock sights are interchangeable. Would probably swap those for tritium fairly quickly. Second strike capability would be good for the kids to practice with a laser cartridge.

Ended up calling my not so local LCS to find out what the deal was with these. They said they had way to many in stock and wanted to reduce the inventory to make room for others.

Back