testtest

Technology

Oaktree45

Master Class
The keyless entry and push button start on our Equinox is wonderful...until the battery in your key fob goes dead. I was finally able to open the door, but the car wouldn't start. I kept getting the message NO REMOTE DETECTED. I began to wonder if I would get home from my shopping trip. I finally found in the owner's manual to put the fob in the front cupholder. Voila, the car started. replacing the battery in the key fob brought on a different set of challenges.

The keyless entry and push button start on our Equinox is wonderful...until the battery in your key fob goes dead. I was finally able to open the door, but the car wouldn't start. I kept getting the message NO REMOTE DETECTED. I began to wonder if I would get home from my shopping trip. I finally found in the owner's manual to put the fob in the front cupholder. Voila, the car started. replacing the battery in the key fob brought on a different set of challenges.
Did you get a key fob low battery notification? I did on my Chevy Traverse.

well at least you didn't get all the way to the grocery store and find out the fob in your pocket is for the other ford ....which is at home.
why is car not unlocking, WTF ....even went and got a new battery at dollar tree, no entry
used key pad, got in...no key
tried the secret hiding spot, no workie

called wife to come get me, her fob worked like a charm
i figure my OTHER fob was close enough to allow me to start and drive off, but it never gave me the DUMMY message
good that you got it figured out
new stuff so so much fun

I get the message also on a suburban. I can get in with a key in the fob. The end that has a place for a ring is removed by pressing a button on the side so the key can be removed. Haven't checked on how to start if the fob is dead?

Attachments

• 20240105_135702.jpg
    20240105_135702.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 26
Replace every January- did my csr/ motorcycle FOB

I got the exact issue with my Jeep Grand Cherokee
Changed the battery, no help.
Changed the main battery under the seat no help.
I was told to put a piece of paper to tighten fob battery no help, if I squeeze the fob the message goes away and when I put key in the cupholder and open the door the new message is key left the vehicle.
Jeep dealer said a new fob is $245.00 plus $95.00 programming charge.
I hate dealers!!!!

Just took delivery of a new 2024 Silverado a few weeks ago (put 25k miles on it already in 7 weeks). Has no keys....ONLY fobs for access and starting. There's a lock on the glove box, but the truck came with no key for the glove box lock (doh!). Already getting sporadic warnings from the truck that it can't detect the fob, while driving, and the fob is in my pocket or in a cup holder. I'm scared to death I'll be 200 miles from home and stranded from this BS contraption.

Just took delivery of a new 2024 Silverado a few weeks ago (put 25k miles on it already in 7 weeks). Has no keys....ONLY fobs for access and starting. There's a lock on the glove box, but the truck came with no key for the glove box lock (doh!). Already getting sporadic warnings from the truck that it can't detect the fob, while driving, and the fob is in my pocket or in a cup holder. I'm scared to death I'll be 200 miles from home and stranded from this BS contraption.
The key should be inside the fob. There is reference to it in the owners manual, but on our GMC you press a button on the side of the fob to release the hidden key.

The key should be inside the fob. There is reference to it in the owners manual, but on our GMC you press a button on the side of the fob to release the hidden key.
I did not read the book, but I did try beating the snot out of the fob looking for a key, like on each of the 4 F150's I had over the last 7 years...I'll read the manual, thanks!

Son of a B!tch! Just found the key....thanks AZ!

Last edited:
This thread perfectly illustrates why I will NEVER rely on any sort of electronic device mounted on my firearms. I might have such things at some point, but I will NEVER trust them to work when I need them the most. :oops:

This thread perfectly illustrates why I will NEVER rely on any sort of electronic device mounted on my firearms. I might have such things at some point, but I will NEVER trust them to work when I need them the most. :oops:
While I have complete confidence my herd of Holosuns will all work whenever I need them to, I insist on co-witnessing with irons just in case.

If the fob is dying/dead, use the fob to push the “start” button on your car. Usually there is just enough battery life in the fob to be read by the start unit sensor when so close proximity. Was told that on our car when the fob died and it worked. At least to get us home to replace the battery

Back