testtest

Texas Congresswoman Introduces Universal Licensing, Registration Bill

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
And so it begins....I’m just going to have one comment on this, I want to thank all the so-called 2nd amendment supporters who supported this current administration, you see now what there plans are .........

Congresscritters introduce bills all the time.

Very few of them pass committee and make it to the floor.

If it makes it that far, I’ll pay attention. Until then, it’s just a political stunt, like talking about fiscal responsibility when you don’t have the majority.

Gun registration was discussed on GunTalk radio, and if I recall correctly gun registration was deemed unconstitutional. This is because it would equal entrapment to require a felon or other restricted person to register their firearm. I cannot recall the court case mentioned during the discussion.

This is one of those bills they write to satisfy their constituents who want to see action. It'll never reach the floor and they know it. Don't get worked up by it. Reps all do this kind of thing. It helps them create the illusion of taking bold steps in a Congress that probably won't let anything get done on much of anything, if the last 8 years have been any indication.

This is one of those bills they write to satisfy their constituents who want to see action. It'll never reach the floor and they know it. Don't get worked up by it. Reps all do this kind of thing. It helps them create the illusion of taking bold steps in a Congress that probably won't let anything get done on much of anything, if the last 8 years have been any indication.
Hope your right sir.

Sheila Jackson Lee has served 14 terms in Congress, and has introduced bills like this almost every time she has been re-elected. While I agree that we always need to remain vigilant against attacks on our civil rights, this particular opponent has a record of 0-14.

Changing a few words and renaming her last bill gives her voters the illusion that she is working for them. I keep hoping that the residents of inner-city Houston will eventually realize that Rep. Lee has never done anything to improve their lives, and will start voting for someone else. In that battle, I'm the one with the 0-14 record.

Lets just say the SJL is the laughing stock of Texas. From her saying the flag was put on Mars by the Astronauts, to her mistaking history left and right, she has proven her ineptitude consistently.
she is 0-14 as others have stated. Her record for winning re-election is due to massive lack of voter turn out in her district . I have more folks in my neighborhood than the folks that vote for her in her own district.

Lets just say the SJL is the laughing stock of Texas. From her saying the flag was put on Mars by the Astronauts, to her mistaking history left and right, she has proven her ineptitude consistently.
she is 0-14 as others have stated. Her record for winning re-election is due to massive lack of voter turn out in her district . I have more folks in my neighborhood than the folks that vote for her in her own district.
So.....she might be related to the niwit politician in Georgia that said Guam would basically capsize if anymore people were there? 🤔

I can't believe this woman gets elected there.
Even some official Congressional sources describe her district as "Inner City Houston". She is not popular anywhere else in the state. Her constituents will vote for anyone who tells them that none of the problems in their lives are their fault and promises "free" (i.e. taxpayer funded) stuff. The woman knows how to get elected, I'll give her that. Of course, there's a good reason that nobody ever goes to inner city Houston to find solutions for serious problems.

Congresscritters introduce bills all the time.

Very few of them pass committee and make it to the floor.

If it makes it that far, I’ll pay attention. Until then, it’s just a political stunt, like talking about fiscal responsibility when you don’t have the majority.
...another astute observation by HansG...and FWIW, I concur...
I’ll add one thing: congresspeople pay for things like this at the mid-terms and general elections. It’s a different nuance than the presidential election.
Encourage everyone you know to continue to VOTE at every election that comes your way!

Back