testtest

The .40

Do you want Springfield to make a XDm Elite .40?

• Yes I'd buy an XDm Elite .40

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • I'm not ready for another awesome gun.

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
I have 3 of the Sig variety .40's with the smallest being the retired P239. The other two would be compacts that I am limited to 10 rounds, so with size and weight, it really doesnt make it a valid EDC for me. I do like the round though.

I pulled the trigger today...so to speak! I put in my purchase of the Springfield EDC 40. I guess I only needed another night to ponder it...and wifey let me buy it after I promised (and showed her) a totally non-budget source for the funds. Iā€™m in big trouble if that source doesnā€™t come through!
Now putting PSAā€™s shipping department to the test. I wonder if they work weekends?

Congratulations on your new .40 As people will have different opinions, I personally like the .40
Most vendors not all do ship on Saturdays. Not really sure about PSA since I've never purchased a firearm through them. Post a pic of it after you get it! šŸ‘

It would help if I got the name of the pistol right. Although itā€™s a EDC, its proper name is Springfield EMP 40, for Enhanced Micro Pistol. And, the order still shows ā€œProcessingā€, so itā€™ll be a while yet. Nonetheless, Iā€™m looking forward to handling it.

Found the same price. I paid more for mine...lol

Congratulations on your new .40 As people will have different opinions, I personally like the .40
Most vendors not all do ship on Saturdays. Not really sure about PSA since I've never purchased a firearm through them. Post a pic of it after you get it! šŸ‘
Itā€™s getting closer. Pistol is now in Lexington, KY, expected arrival on Monday. Went to pick up a bunch of 40S&W ammo last night, just in case I get a chance to actually shoot it.

Itā€™s getting closer. Pistol is now in Lexington, KY, expected arrival on Monday. Went to pick up a bunch of 40S&W ammo last night, just in case I get a chance to actually shoot it.

What dealer do you do transfers with? I buy and transfer with Classic, but Evans is a great place, too. I donā€™t do Budā€™s anymore.

Sweet, make sure to keep us updated! And if you get to shoot it, let us know what you think. Possibly include some photos?

Hereā€™s a great .40 deal, hot into the inbox.

Thatā€™s insane! Too bad mineā€™s already in transit or Iā€™d cancel and but this one. Thatā€™s 9% lower priced than mine. While 9% doesnā€™t sound like much, at that price itā€™s enough to buy me 250 rounds of ammo for the familiza Shooting.

I have 2 FFL gun dealers nearby...and the web says there are 10-15 others that operate out of a home or garage. I generally go through Miami Armory in south Dayton. They have the lowest transfer fee ($25 for veterans). Point Blank range which is 2 blocks from Miami Armory charges $50, but free if you spend $100 at the same time. Their ammo tends to be mostly overpriced, so Iā€˜d rather keep the total cost low...plus itā€™s small operator vs a larger chain. I like to support the small guy when I can.

.40 has fallen out of favor with a lot of shooters as of late. Iā€™m not sure I would buy another one but if I did a 4.5ā€ or 5ā€ XDM would be a good choice. I currently only have a M&P .40 and a Glock 31 with a .40 barrel. I think I would rather have an Elite in 10mm.

Last edited:
.40 has fallen out of favor as of late.
Itā€™s a bit of an odd situation for me. My son had a Beretta PX4 Storm 40S&W. He was looking to sell it, as well as a Bersa Thunder 380. I donā€™t like the idea of ā€œfamilyā€ guns leaving the roost, so I decided to buy them from him. I also didnā€™t want my sizable ā€investmentā€ in bullets, dies, and once fired cases to go to waste. Sadly, I really didnā€™t like shooting the PX4, Iā€™m no fan of Tupperware guns in general. But I love 1911s, and this is a 1911 designed for the 40S&W...that sold me.

As to public favor...thatā€™s never been a factor for me. I buy what I like, shoot what I buy, and reload what I shoot. Nice ā€circle of lifeā€.

Every once in awhile there is something going around about a particular size caliber becoming less and less popular and ammunition getting hard to get.
I personally donā€™t see the 40SW going anywhere. I used to rotate on My EDC between my 9, 40 and 45 all XDM Mod2ā€™s almost on a weekly basis.
I have found myself for the last two months carrying my 40CAL
Whatā€™s going to be real hard is when I get my holster and belt for my SA
1911 RO 45 ACP I Believe Iā€™ll have a new
EDC.

Back