testtest

The All New 30 Super Carry

I went to half a dozen gun shops looking for one of these after seeing the video and info from Federal and a few early testers. Now that I've read about some of the negatives, I'm going to pass. Already have pistols in 5 different calibers, why add another? Especially one that seems to perform worse than any of them other than the .22lr? I can get as many (or more with an aftermarket mag) rounds in a .380 that fits in my pocket.

To me the timing of the release is a little suspect. I mean, prices on 9mm are still WAY higher than what they were pre-plandemic. Product is finally available in most standand calibers, but 380 and some hunting calibers can still be hard to find. I know these calibers are in the planning and testing phases for years, but to introduce this while we are still licking our ammo wounds? I am sure the arguement is that they are trying to help out new shooters, but....

There's ammo in my area but none of the guns.

Hurm. Send the guns to one part of the country, the ammo to another…
740ABBC2-D6FC-422B-A8BE-D990AA848591.png

I haven't even tried looking for this ammo or a gun that eats it. I prefer larger loads (10MM) and the XDM Elite offers just as much capacity. What matters is proficiency, not capacity. IF you feel like you will get into a drag-down, all-out, extended gunfight with multiple attackers then you need to get more spare mags & "train first, and carry a big gun". [Teddy Roosevelt, probably]

I may be wrong, but the 2A community has seen this discussion before in the .40S&W being touted as an "intermediate cartridge" that would "bridge the gap" between 9mm & .45ACP! We all know how that turned out.

This also reminds me of the greeting card companies (like Hallmark) creating 'holidays' where none is needed just to pump up their sales... or am I wrong?

"If you use a 9mm pistol for defense and you’d rather have a cartridge that has less energy, makes smaller holes in bad guys, has smaller hollow-point cavities for less expansion, is too small to use in competitions for practice, is harder to find in stores, and is more expensive, then the 30 Super Carry is for you!"

.380 is significantly more expensive than 9 mm. This new round will be as expensive as .380, if not more so. I have a hard time getting past the high pressures of this round when I have multiple guns that shoot 9mm, I can find it anywhere or reload it with the equipment I have. Seems like a huge waste of money with little return.

I guess the market will tell. I personally don't see a use for the Super30 carry, especially with the micro 9mm on the market. Do we know the price of the ammo? I'm going to guess it will be more than the .380/9mm.

I guess the market will tell. I personally don't see a use for the Super30 carry, especially with the micro 9mm on the market. Do we know the price of the ammo? I'm going to guess it will be more than the .380/9mm.
I've never seen this ammo on a shelf. A few months ago I saw one LGS advertising the S&W Super30 handgun along with 2 boxes of ammo from behind the counter, not available for open sale. I don't know why anyone would buy a gun that you can't buy ammo for!

I've never seen this ammo on a shelf. A few months ago I saw one LGS advertising the S&W Super30 handgun along with 2 boxes of ammo from behind the counter, not available for open sale. I don't know why anyone would buy a gun that you can't buy ammo for!
My local Academy store has had a couple stacks of HST (maybe 10-15 boxes) for over a month. I asked the guys working behind the gun counter if they had a 30SC, they said "they've never had one of the pistols".

Back