testtest

The Best Bear Defense Handguns of 2023

Really like my new Smith M&P 5.6' 10mm. Shot it yesterday and went back today but still less than 100rnds. My RO Elite Operator is something the wife and I both enjoy shooting as she finds the recoil no issue. I also have the XD-M but not much of a fan, bought for capacity.

From a purely aesthetic point of view, I think the JXP 10mm really sets the standard for large critter pistols.

iu

🤣

Last edited:
To add to Talyn’s post above, even if you are not in grizzly/brown bear country, never put food inside your tent because the food oders can remain in the tent when you do go back to grizzly/brown bear country.

To add to Talyn’s post above, even if you are not in grizzly/brown bear country, never put food inside your tent because the food oders can remain in the tent when you do go back to grizzly/brown bear country.
+100. Absolutely.

From a purely aesthetic point of view, I think the JXP 10mm really sets the standard for large critter pistols.

iu

🤣
OH Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo It's the JEET CANNONs big brother
We're all gonna DIE‼️

I live in Alaska. Everywhere here is brown bear country. I have had brown bear scat in my back yard. When outside, I carry a Springfield Armory Range Officer converted to .460 Rowland, a Marlin .45-70 guide gun, and/or a Remington 870 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 1 1/8 oz slugs.

I live in Alaska. Everywhere here is brown bear country. I have had brown bear scat in my back yard. When outside, I carry a Springfield Armory Range Officer converted to .460 Rowland, a Marlin .45-70 guide gun, and/or a Remington 870 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 1 1/8 oz slugs.

Curious - what upgrades did you make to your RO to run .460 Rowland?

My Range Officer is a stock .45 gun. I bought the Clark 460 Rowland kit and substituted the parts that came in the kit. I chose the Clark kit because Clark has been making the conversion kits longer than anybody else including Rowland.

No comment... well maybe two 460, 500.
This! The two most badass bear handguns. Unless you've got just black bears in your area. I find that for bears in the lower 48, .44mag is adequate if ammo selection is proper. I carry a S&W 329PD or Taurus M44, and in black bear country I carry a Kimber K6S or one of my 9mms... all of these guns are loaded with proper hardcast ammo loaded hot.

This! The two most badass bear handguns. Unless you've got just black bears in your area. I find that for bears in the lower 48, .44mag is adequate if ammo selection is proper. I carry a S&W 329PD or Taurus M44, and in black bear country I carry a Kimber K6S or one of my 9mms... all of these guns are loaded with proper hardcast ammo loaded hot.
There's always the BFR.

Back