testtest

The Best Handgun Caliber

The agency where I was working made the switch from issuing .40 S&W (Glock 22) to 9mm (Glock 17) a few years back. The primary reason given at the time was to streamline ammo and firearm purchases. There had always been a certain number of female or older officers who could shoot 9mm more accurately than .40 S&W. Basically, most officers could qualify with .40, but everyone could qualify with 9mm. The ballistics were considered similar enough to be negligible, but the chain of command never stated or implied that 9mm was superior.

Officers did like the additional magazine capacity, and the department liked that 9mm ammo was the more economical choice. I do not believe Admin would have made the change if they thought it would jeopardize officer safety, but budget issues will always be a major concern with any LE agency. In my experience, agencies don't adopt any firearm or ammo because it is "the best"; they adopt the equipment/technology that can safely and reliably accomplish the goal for the lowest price.
Are you a Red Raider?

It’s going to stem back to what each individual shooter can manage. To some a .22 mag may be the best. Ballistically, what is on paper and real life will differ. Also, as we know the argument over bullet technology which not only applies to 9mm but up to the .45acp allowing someone that may not be able to handle a .40S&W or .45acp to have a caliber that has ammo to do what it’s intended to do along with those that prefer to carry a smaller caliber but have more rounds.

I like the 9mm. I really like the .357sig. I got rid of my .40’s a couple years ago as my 10mm overruled them, with the boutique rounds of course.

It’s going to stem back to what each individual shooter can manage. To some a .22 mag may be the best. Ballistically, what is on paper and real life will differ. Also, as we know the argument over bullet technology which not only applies to 9mm but up to the .45acp allowing someone that may not be able to handle a .40S&W or .45acp to have a caliber that has ammo to do what it’s intended to do along with those that prefer to carry a smaller caliber but have more rounds.

I like the 9mm. I really like the .357sig. I got rid of my .40’s a couple years ago as my 10mm overruled them, with the boutique rounds of course.
So now you should only have 357sig and 10mm. The plus sized cartridges!

I’ve consolidated to the ones I like or the ones I know I need for certain situations.

Your will is stronger than mine. I've always meant to consolidate to one or two cartridges, but I've just never been able to bring myself to do it. I like to think it keeps me neutral during cartridge debates, but I may just have a problem letting go of guns. I don't think it counts as hoarding if they all still fit in one safe.

Your will is stronger than mine. I've always meant to consolidate to one or two cartridges, but I've just never been able to bring myself to do it. I like to think it keeps me neutral during cartridge debates, but I may just have a problem letting go of guns. I don't think it counts as hoarding if they all still fit in one safe.
Well now that all depends. If your safe is 30 FT X 45 FT you might be over doing it just a little bit. Just a little I say.
😉

Well I just got out of .40S&W and into 10mm along with more 9mm’s and .45’s. I actually think I am in the hole once I let go of the .40’s..... but I count that as a win.

Back