testtest

The CCW Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first carry license was from PA. Centre Co. and Dennis Nau was Sheriff I had him send me a paper application , sent it back with a picture and in 2 weeks I had my carry license to use when I went out of Illinois. Next was a Utah license , and now I have my Illinois license . My PA. license expired one month after they started making a person go in person to get a license so I didn't renew it.

My Utah license expired in Jan. and still debating if I want to renew it. I don't see any travel far from home these days and my IL license covers quite a few states so I just don't see spending the money.

My first carry license was from PA. Centre Co. and Dennis Nau was Sheriff I had him send me a paper application , sent it back with a picture and in 2 weeks I had my carry license to use when I went out of Illinois. Next was a Utah license , and now I have my Illinois license . My PA. license expired one month after they started making a person go in person to get a license so I didn't renew it.

My Utah license expired in Jan. and still debating if I want to renew it. I don't see any travel far from home these days and my IL license covers quite a few states so I just don't see spending the money.
More and more counties in Pa. are refusing to issue to out of State residents even if they show up to apply for it. I checked around for a buddy that was up here from NC. and wanted to renew his Pa. carry permit. I called my county (they wouldn't issue one), and they only knew of 3 counties doing it (not saying there wasn't more, but they only knew of 3). I believe the 3 were mostly center of the State and 1 was at the border with Maryland where Rt. 81 crosses through (which he was traveling back to NC by). He finally decided it wasn't necessary since he had a Utah permit, but now with the Pa. AG ruling, that's not valid in Pa. any longer.
Obviously up to you if you don't want to renew Utah. For me it was easy, with the hardest part going to AAA for my passport photo. Once I had that, just fill out the form online, scan Pa. carry permit and passport photo and send all plus CC info to them after taking 20 minute safety class online. Took about 1/2 hour and after I saw my CC was charged $35, I knew I was approved. Card arrived several days later. :)

Last edited:
If I remember correctly , it cost me $15.25 to renew my last Utah license. I know you have to watch a video now but are you saying they make you take a 20 question test also?

Yeah , it doesn't take long to get a renewal license in the mail from Utah .

If I remember correctly , it cost me $15.25 to renew my last Utah license. I know you have to watch a video now but are you saying they make you take a 20 question test also?

Yeah , it doesn't take long to get a renewal license in the mail from Utah .
Sorry, i should have said 20 minute safety class (video), no test what so ever. I'll go back and fix that, that thanks papa

Certain jurisdictions in Mass have proven to be a no issue Town/City. Places like Brookline and Boston are nearly impossible to get a unrestricted LTC.
Very true. There are many other towns that are in the same category. I have heard many times of people suing various departments because they were denied for one reason or another. If a chief retires, it could all change in the blink of an eye for better or worse. Boston has it's own rules and Brookline is, well, Brookline.

Thanks for the info @BET7. I have also heard things like they want stop issuing out of state permits. Hasn't happened yet though and all out of state correspondence goes through the State Police. I am interested in the "Utah" permit only because places around here say that is what you need to apply for Florida, That's the one I am interested in. I will do a bit more research, but I am reading they will get everything ready for you to apply as well.

Thanks for the info @BET7. I have also heard things like they want stop issuing out of state permits. Hasn't happened yet though and all out of state correspondence goes through the State Police. I am interested in the "Utah" permit only because places around here say that is what you need to apply for Florida, That's the one I am interested in. I will do a bit more research, but I am reading they will get everything ready for you to apply as well.
No problem jmcd. I provided a link from the USCCA reciprocity map specifically on Florida and it's requirements. It does seem that it's very similar to Utah's requirements for an out of State resident to get a Florida CCP. There was a time that Utah's non resident carry permit was also recognize in Florida, like it was in Pa., but no more. Anyhow, good luck in your search and you and your son getting your Mass. carry permit & certifications for Florida as well.

No problem jmcd. I provided a link from the USCCA reciprocity map specifically on Florida and it's requirements. It does seem that it's very similar to Utah's requirements for an out of State resident to get a Florida CCP. There was a time that Utah's non resident carry permit was also recognize in Florida, like it was in Pa., but no more. Anyhow, good luck in your search and you and your son getting your Mass. carry permit & certifications for Florida as well.

Thanks BET7. Appreciate all the info you provide!

It would seem to me that if your state allows you a license to carry then all states should reciprocate. I think the check into the individual applying for the license is the same for each state. I understand that each state can vary the requirements (money opportunity) for the license but once licensed that should be final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back