testtest

The Dreaded Shooting Low and Left

Nah, he'll probably just sell it instead. ;):)
1685929157897.gif

I thought maybe it was a British thing. Like Colour. Or the way you call fries chips. :)
Man, I wish I had thought of that!

Interesting little tidbit. The English used to spell words like colour and splendor without the U, but after the Normans invaded in 1066 the Us were added to honor the Norman’s native tongue - French. Then the Yanks went and stole their colonies and started using OR in their spellings and ruined it for everyone - there was no way back. And here we are today. Potato/Potahto.

And, **** the Normans!

Man, I wish I had thought of that!

Interesting little tidbit. The English used to spell words like colour and splendor without the U, but after the Normans invaded in 1066 the Us were added to honor the Norman’s native tongue - French. Then the Yanks went and stole their colonies and started using OR in their spellings and ruined it for everyone - there was no way back. And here we are today. Potato/Potahto.

And, **** the Normans!
My brother, you can't **** yourself. The fact is The Battle of Hastings changed everything. Modern Brits ARE Norman. I mean in theory I agree with you. I was definitely rooting for Harald, but by the time I heard of it I was about 920 years late.

Interesting sidebar. 1066 is one of my pet topics. I was a history major in college and have spent many years since reading textbooks for fun. About 10 years ago my wife was going for one of her BAs and she had a very heavy class load. One of her classes required a thesis and the topic was 1066. She asked me to write it for her so she could concentrate on her auditing classes and the study material to sit for her CPA ( which she passed, with high marks on the first try). I wrote the paper in two evenings and got a high A on it.

Been to Hastings and the surrounding areas many times. Nobody roots for William the Conqueror when they tell those stories. My people were from different invaders - Danes, but me and my immediate people were all born within the sound of Bow Bells. Cockney. All of my family still back in England sound like the cast from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. No French in us, mate.

Been to Hastings and the surrounding areas many times. Nobody roots for William the Conqueror when they tell those stories. My people were from different invaders - Danes, but me and my immediate people were all born within the sound of Bow Bells. Cockney. All of my family still back in England sound like the cast from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. No French in us, mate.
Ah, Viking. Where you were born really isn't that relevant mate. The Norman invasion was so thorough that London or Liverpool, the British stock is Anglo Saxon-Norman. Of course that doesn't mean all Brits, since as you pointed out, your lineage isn't actually British. But if your ancestors were breeding in Britain for a couple hundred years before you, you got some Norman in you.

Here's something ironic. My sister in law emigrated here about 12 years ago from Manchester ( Staleybridge tehnically). Her dad was Ukranian. My wife, born and raised here in Missouri, just like her dad and his before him, is actually more British than my sister in law. I think all Brits are Vikings. In fact I like to believe that all caucasions are Viking. Because, well, Vikings were bad ass. :cool:

If I ever get to England you can bet your ass the first place I am going is Hastings. And Kent. I will avoid Wales. No one knows what those people are talking about. Reminds me of a joke.

A guy walks up to two ladies talking with British accents. He asks, " Are you ladies from England ? " They respond, "Wales", he says, " I beg your pardon, are you whales from England ?" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have noted this is especially true with Glocks, due to the ergonomics of the grip. It is good to have a coach watching you while you shoot.

1. If you hold your right forearm and wrist straight and watch while you make a fist, you will note that your wrist naturally cranks to the left. It is body mechanics. This is good beginning feedback. A thumb- forward support hand grip helps to counteract the tendency.

2. When placing finger on the trigger, use the center of the first pad of the trigger finger to aid in pulling sraight to the rear. With a revolver, center the trigger on the crease of the first joint.

3. Gripping the pistol in the normal manner, note whether the meaty part of the trigger finger is touching the frame of the pistol. There are muscles in the finger, if the meaty part of the finger is touching the frame, flexing the muscle while pulling the trigger will push the pistol to the left. Some folks with really short fingers can have a problem doing this. Here is a place where gun fit is critical. Choking the grip can amplify the tendency. A good consistent grip is imperative.

4. Anicipation of the shot can be a big factor. Most shooters do not realize they are reacting to the shot. It is an autonomic response that you have to condition yourself to overcome. We all do it to some degree. Some shooters suffer from autonomic dysreflexia from the gunshot. We would describe them as being afraid of the gun and it takes a lot of time to overcome, if ever. A person who is reacting to the shot will typically snatch the trigger and shoot low, or push the heel of the gun and shoot high. Recoil and noise are factors. A good indication of anticipation is when the shooter puts their first shot dead center on the target, and subsequent shots are all over the place.

When I get a shooter who has trouble with the grip/trigger management relationship, I first work to ensure they understand the sight alignment and sight picture concepts. I will use the Wall Drill, where the shooter dry fires at a small dot an inch or two from the front sight. This gives the shooter immediate feedback as to what is happening to the front sight in relationship to the target while working the trigger.

Next we load the gun and fire several groups at 3 yards. If we can't get a good group at 3 yards we still have a lot of work to do. This is also a good place to run a ball and dummy drill to determine how much flinch is occurring. The feedback to the shooter is dramatic when they get the "click" on a dummy round.

A final step to take to diagnose and give feedback to the shooter is with live fire. Have the shooter work sight alignment, while the coach works the trigger. If done properly there is no anticipation or trigger management issue from the shooter, because he does not know exactly when the shot is coming and is not screwing up the sight picture with hand action. It take a bit of practice for the coach to get this right.

Ah, Viking. Where you were born really isn't that relevant mate. The Norman invasion was so thorough that London or Liverpool, the British stock is Anglo Saxon-Norman. Of course that doesn't mean all Brits, since as you pointed out, your lineage isn't actually British. But if your ancestors were breeding in Britain for a couple hundred years before you, you got some Norman in you.

Here's something ironic. My sister in law emigrated here about 12 years ago from Manchester ( Staleybridge tehnically). Her dad was Ukranian. My wife, born and raised here in Missouri, just like her dad and his before him, is actually more British than my sister in law. I think all Brits are Vikings. In fact I like to believe that all caucasions are Viking. Because, well, Vikings were bad ass. :cool:

If I ever get to England you can bet your ass the first place I am going is Hastings. And Kent. I will avoid Wales. No one knows what those people are talking about. Reminds me of a joke.

A guy walks up to two ladies talking with British accents. He asks, " Are you ladies from England ? " They respond, "Wales", he says, " I beg your pardon, are you whales from England ?" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We're all mutts (aka mixed breed).

Back