testtest

The Irony

That would do it.

I guess the next question is. How did a live cartridge get on set.
Better yet, you'd hope who ever placed the gun in his hands would have re-checked it to make sure the gun was properly loaded with blanks that were "safe" to use in a prop gun. There shouldn't any live rounds even close to the set. All of the re-enactors who participate in living history programs that recreate Revolutionary and Civil War battles are checked and rechecked to ensure no actual lead bullets are carried by participants.

Any user, especially those not used to use a firearm, should check what's in the chamber before using it.

Major failure of the movie firearms manager, and the actor, to not checking the firearm before handing it to AB, as well as AB not double-checking once handed the handgun.

Last edited:
Any user, especially those not used to use a firearm, should check what's in the chamber before using it.

Major failure of the movie firearms manager, and the actor, to ntot check the firearm before handing it to AB, as well as AB not double-checking once handed the handgun.
any user....??? especially those not used to a firearm...??

should check what's in the chamber..??

how can "any user"......"not used to use a firearm".....

even know how to check for a live round..>????

wouldn't THAT be the responsibility of the prop master..??

the armorer..????

take a look at any shooting range with newbies.....they are..."any user, not used to using a firearm".....

so it's to be "assumed" they know how to check for a live round..???

the armorer..????

take a look at any shooting range with newbies.....they are..."any user, not used to using a firearm".....

Agreed, it makes me wonder how thorough the staff on a John Wick set are? From watching his training video Keanu is no slouch.

the armorer..????

Yes, any user.

When at my club I always check the ammo I load, as well as the RO that's next to me before we run a drill, and I always check the ammo when I shoot alone.

What's the issue with that?

Plus, actors aren't usually used to firearms.

the armorer..????

The prop manager screwed up as well as AB.

Yes, any user.

When at my club I always check the ammo I load, as well as the RO that's next to me before we run a drill, and I always check the ammo when I shoot alone.

What's the issue with that?

Plus, actors aren't usually used to firearms.
here is what you said, i QUOTED YOU...
Talyn said:

no, you are not only wrong, but DEAD WRONG.

this was a movie set, not an experienced gun "user" he IS an actor..... how the hell can you compare an inexperienced to guns ACTOR, to someone that had lessons at a range to handle a gun..??

gimme a break...you make assumptions that actors KNOW how to handle a firearm..???

they know how to "act", and that's about all they know.

take away from the likes of John Wayne, and Charlton Heston, most all other actors, DO NOT KNOW what to check for....

1000% of the "double checking" falls on the prop master/armorer, NOT the actor, who is an INXPERINCED gun user.

wake up dude.....

here is what you said, i QUOTED YOU...

no, you are not only wrong, but DEAD WRONG.

this was a movie set, not an experienced gun "user" he IS an actor..... how the hell can you compare an inexperienced to guns ACTOR, to someone that had lessons at a range to handle a gun..??

gimme a break...you make assumptions that actors KNOW how to handle a firearm..???

they know how to "act", and that's about all they know.

take away from the likes of John Wayne, and Charlton Heston, most all other actors, DO NOT KNOW what to check for....

wake up dude.....
I will state that any person with a gun in their hand needs too know the functions and safeties that go along with it! Not this "you're an actor/actress and here's a gun, so just pot it anywhere you want"!

I will state that any person with a gun in their hand needs too know the functions and safeties that go along with it! Not this "you're an actor/actress and here's a gun, so just pot it anywhere you want"!
YES......actors NEED to know......but who is responsible for teaching/training them..???

Alec was said to have yelled out...."you gave me a hot gun"?

how is HE responsible for what happened?

who (in other words) should have given him some training or insight about gun handling?

most likely the prop master or armorer, right..???

one cannot blame the actor, no matter anyone's opinion on him (alec baldwin), or any other actor/actress.

so how would he have known to check the chamber, and how would he have known a fake cartridge from a real one..???

if anyone is trying to use political reasons for setting blame, on the actor, they are WRONG to do so.

YES......actors NEED to know......but who is responsible for teaching/training them..???

Alec was said to have yelled out...."you gave me a hot gun"?

how is HE responsible for what happened?

who (in other words) should have given him some training or insight about gun handling?

most likely the prop master or armorer, right..???

one cannot blame the actor, no matter anyone's opinion on him (alec baldwin), or any other actor/actress.

if anyone is trying to use political reasons for setting blame, on the actor, they are WRONG to do so.
You and everyone on a set puts all faith in gun props hoping the job is done right! It is dangerous when done wrong for sure (wrong prop at wrong time)! IF he was handling the gun in a manner according to a scene and not f'n around then it is not his fault at all. It is/can be stressful for live guns on a set!

You and everyone on a set puts all faith in gun props hoping the job is done right! It is dangerous when done wrong for sure (wrong prop at wrong time)! IF he was handling the gun in a manner according to a scene and not f'n around then it is not his fault at all. It is/can be stressful for live guns on a set!
for sure, and i gotta wonder that with all of the wizardry of Hollywood, that they from now on give RUBBER guns to the actors, and just use sound effects and CGI graphics for the flash, smoke, etc.

Not placing any blame, I was not there but one thing I am curious about is.

Why was the gun pointed at this person when the trigger was pulled if the firearm was used in a scene of the movie? My understanding, she was not an actress.

Not placing any blame, I was not there but one thing I am curious about is.

Why was the gun pointed at this person when the trigger was pulled if the firearm was used in a scene of the movie? My understanding, she was not an actress.
i was not there either, so i do not know if it was a rehearsal, or being filmed.

if rehearsal, anyone can be any place on set, as they got thier jobs to do. like prepping the set, getting the lighting set up, the sound adjusted, etc, etc

if being filmed, maybe being a live round, it just traveled beyond what was expected?

if he was horsing around?

then all bets are off, but that still does not explain how a live round was even on set, let alone in the gun.

it was also said on a news report, that anytime a gun is used, there is "safety glass" on set, i'd surmise to protect others from an errant shot?

maybe if being filmed, that safety glass wasn't even there????

more questions, than answers right now.

I am sad for all those involved but totally perplexed and confused as to how a gun firing blanks could kill someone. If anyone can explain that to me I would appreciate it.
The other side of me is frustrated as to why in the midst of so much gun violence going on in this country/world are we as a supposedly intelligent race glorifying gun violence in TV shows and movies.
Keystone, am a bit sad about the incident here too.
An explanation....the wadding on top of powder is a projectile. Even at the pressure released at close range is a projectile of sorts. ...think of a revolvers sideways discharge for example? No metalic "bullet", but pressure could be deadly at close enough range to open skin depending on where. Minimally, it can be very damaging. Simple "Blanks" are also used in traps to eliminate rodents. Blank ammo may be "blanks", but they are not completely inert or safe and can still be deadly at close enough range.

The impression blanks are completely safe is a misnomer to me. They are only partially "safe" or safer depending on how they're used. If blanks are used in a starters pistol fired into the air to start a race for example, they're likely very safe because the light weight wadding will quickly lose velocity if shot upwards as commonly done. Into or at another person or object horizontally at close range? The wadding still has a lot of force behind it, the pressure itself can be damaging enough at close range. Blanks or blank guns are not like kids toy caps or guns like some people may believe or are lead to believe?

A bit off the wall, seen in another older movie script filming a movie set, someone may have swapped out live ammo for blanks for whatever reason? With hollyweird, who really knows, could be a sad warped publicity gimmick? Either way the ball bounces, the event could ruin Baldwin's career and his life? Maybe, that's what this was really all about?

I have no animus against Alec Baldwin. My heart goes out to him, because I can't imagine how grief-stricken he must be at this time. I'm glad nothing like this ever happened with me before I learned about gun safety.

I guarantee you he didn't know that (1) you should always assume that a gun is loaded, and (2) you should never point a gun at anyone or anything that you don't intend to shoot. The actors' union and the studio both should require that he and other actors learn this stuff before ever letting them handle any sort of gun in a movie shoot.

Back