testtest

The Leather Holster Thread

Wright Leather Works - "Banshee" IWB

IMG_6679.jpg

I purchased a Mitch Rosen holster for my P226 and took it for a test drive yesterday. I am carrying OWB concealed for the first time, and still experimenting with placement (e.g., 2:30, 3:00, 3:30, 4:00). The weird thing was, I kept feeling like everyone could see the grip printing against my cover garment. I am sure that is not the case.

The holster is very well made and carries very comfortably.

17030056150434562166368672539617.jpg

I purchased a Mitch Rosen holster for my P226 and took it for a test drive yesterday. I am carrying OWB concealed for the first time, and still experimenting with placement (e.g., 2:30, 3:00, 3:30, 4:00). The weird thing was, I kept feeling like everyone could see the grip printing against my cover garment. I am sure that is not the case.

The holster is very well made and carries very comfortably.

View attachment 48988

Mitch Rosen makes a solid holster.

All of the above are Wright Leather Works. First is for my SA-35, next one is for my SA Echelon and the last one is for my S&W 586. The model is their Predator OWB. Hopefully in the next few days I'll get to wear them out and about. I just got them today and they were ordered last November....

Last edited:
i have 2 craft holsters..and one vega for the bersa, the vega is freaking awesome imo. very tough leather, stitching etc
the craft holsters also are very well made, but dont get near the abuse the vega does
these in the bags, were right after i got them to relax fit with the pistols

funny thing is the two craft holsters were actually made in Europe

Attachments

• 20211209_160929 small.jpg
    20211209_160929 small.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20211209_160927.jpg
    20211209_160927.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • 20160114_180539.jpg
    20160114_180539.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
i have 2 craft holsters..and one vega for the bersa, the vega is freaking awesome imo. very tough leather, stitching etc
the craft holsters also are very well made, but dont get near the abuse the vega does
these in the bags, were right after i got them to relax fit with the pistols
I have a Galco Avenger holster for a M&P, having hell of time getting the leather to relax. I've had it in two bags for two days still a no go. Any suggestions?

I have a Galco Avenger holster for a M&P, having hell of time getting the leather to relax. I've had it in two bags for two days still a no go. Any suggestions?
i used the leather milk stuff for saddles , i use same stuff in truck for the seats
it soaks in really well and lets the leather relax
lexol

i liberally soaked the holsters, hand rubbed it in and then bagged the pistol and shoved it in and let it sit a 2 days
then wiped off excess and buffed them clean.
i was going to put them in the vacuum bag sealer to draw the holster down if needed, but the bag trick worked

I don't know what the manufacturer says about this but going back to my patrol days I have always had good luck spraying pure silicone on the lining to get them to stretch and conform. I have some holsters that are 20 or more years old still doing fine with it.

Kind of surprised I couldn't find a thread already dedicated to this, but here we go. Let's share info/examples from people doing good quality leather work.

Milt Sparks - 60TK holster + mag pouch:

View attachment 48847
Holds my G48, leather,IWB, uses magnets, fits comfortably and holds my gun just fine

Attachments

• IMG_9872.jpeg
    IMG_9872.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9871.jpeg
    IMG_9871.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9870.jpeg
    IMG_9870.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
I don't know what the manufacturer says about this but going back to my patrol days I have always had good luck spraying pure silicone on the lining to get them to stretch and conform. I have some holsters that are 20 or more years old still doing fine with it.
I tried spraying with silicone, bagged it for two days, still a no go. Powerboatr suggested trying leather milk, I'll give it a try.
Thanks to both of you.

i used the leather milk stuff for saddles , i use same stuff in truck for the seats
it soaks in really well and lets the leather relax
lexol

i liberally soaked the holsters, hand rubbed it in and then bagged the pistol and shoved it in and let it sit a 2 days
then wiped off excess and buffed them clean.
i was going to put them in the vacuum bag sealer to draw the holster down if needed, but the bag trick worked
There are different applications for leather Milk, which is best?

Back