testtest

The oldest weapon manufacturing plant in the United States will close in March 2024

shanneba

Custom
"On Thursday, Remington Arms, the renowned firearm manufacturer with a storied history, announced that it is closing its facility in Ilion, New York, nearly two hundred years after it first opened its doors. The facility, which is the oldest weapon manufacturing plant in the United States, is expected to shutter in March of next year, leaving around 300 employees without work."

"On Thursday, Remington Arms, the renowned firearm manufacturer with a storied history, announced that it is closing its facility in Ilion, New York, nearly two hundred years after it first opened its doors. The facility, which is the oldest weapon manufacturing plant in the United States, is expected to shutter in March of next year, leaving around 300 employees without work."

THAT email i got earlier today

here:

at about the 35 second point, he says....." to a state that supports the firearm industry"

Should have happened years ago……..
Let me explain……
There is no dispute that Remington is and always will be an iconic name in firearms, that being said I worked for Marlin Firearms when Remington purchased the company and from day one the Remington representative lied to the Marlin employees about EVERYTHING.
Including that the Marlin manufacturing process would never be moved from North Haven Connecticut, when it was announced that manufacturing would be moved to Remington’s facility in New York and the original Marlin employees were asked if anyone would like to help move the machines and setup the manufacturing process.
Many said yes and although I was fortunate to be offered and accepted a job with Mossberg I heard from many of those that accepted Remington’s offer that the Remington facility was a DUMP and so run down that almost all the machinery wouldn’t work because the infrastructure couldn’t support the machines being added.
And I spoke directly to some that told me they thought the building was close to falling down due to disrepair and neglect.
The building(s) and overall facility is not Remington.
It’s brick and mortar and old wood.
Tear it down and move on.

Let me add I have no regrets, I had a great 5 year experience working at
Mossberg and used that job to move on to an even better job in manufacturing Naval Ordnance.
A win, win, win.

I wouldn't read too much into this. Remington hasn't been Remington for a good long time. And the venture capitalists made the same decision every manufacturer makes. When you downsize close down the most worn out and the least practical. That's almost always the oldest.

Back