testtest

The one gun you’d love to own but never would spend that kind of money

I had one of those.

Honestly? I preferred the Kimber Warrior I sold to buy it.
That's what I was afraid of, getting one and finding out they're still a pile of........
I've seen several articles on how they were hand made tight as a banjo string and laser accurate.
I have an original Kimber classic from when they were located in Oregon. That one will leave when I die, fabulous handgun!

Bad Guy: Gimme your wallet and your watch!

KF1977: Sure, hold my beer…
4F4D9D84-D982-4786-80A9-A403E85480D0.gif

i think that sometimes, when a salesman tries to convince you that something is "better", he is getting "commission" on some items the sales staff are told to move out the door. sorta like a car salesman. they have to "push" certain models due to incentives the dealership gets to move them. (i had an in-law that worked decades for many GM dealerships tell me that)

my LGS sells you what you want, not what they think you want.
This was a buddy of mine that was the LGS gun counter manger at that time. He owned 80 1911s at one time and was heavily into 1911 competitions. The guns he recommended weren't at the store for sale, his point was that in his opinion, major players in the hand fitted custom made 1911s were pretty close across the board to really not see much of a difference, so getting a custom build for about 1/2 the price of a Nighthawk was preferable in his opinion. He thought highly of the Nighthawks, just that he though they were over priced compared to others in that game.
Oh, and he never really talked me out of buying guns there, in fact he talked me INTO buying too many guns there, even texting me several times exclaiming "This screams your name. I'll hold it for you" :ROFLMAO:

This was a buddy of mine that was the LGS gun counter manger at that time. He owned 80 1911s at one time and was heavily into 1911 competitions. The guns he recommended weren't at the store for sale, his point was that in his opinion, major players in the hand fitted custom made 1911s were pretty close across the board to really not see much of a difference, so getting a custom build for about 1/2 the price of a Nighthawk was preferable in his opinion. He thought highly of the Nighthawks, just that he though they were over priced compared to others in that game.
Oh, and he never really talked me out of buying guns there, in fact he talked me INTO buying too many guns there, even texting me several times exclaiming "This screams your name. I'll hold it for you" :ROFLMAO:
Just me, I would rather have a Wilson Combat 1911….or a Les Baer myself. These two were among of the original 1911 custom makers next to Ed Brown.

Nighthawks are great guns…they are what they say they are, accurate as Hades, reliable as all get out. That being said…they are also…”pretty”; they have a lot of bells, whistles & ruffles that add to the cost. Some people are into that, and will pay for it. Some aren’t.

I know 12 years ago when I was looking at my first custom 1911, I was looking at a Baer SRP, Wilson CQB, and a Nighthawk GRP…and then I got a Baer Custom Carry. It had everything I wanted, nothing I didn't, and Baer also did a “naked slide” with FCS delete, and only had a 4 month wait.

Nighthawks are great guns…they are what they say they are, accurate as Hades, reliable as all get out. That being said…they are also…”pretty”; they have a lot of bells, whistles & ruffles that add to the cost. Some people are into that, and will pay for it. Some aren’t.

I know 12 years ago when I was looking at my first custom 1911, I was looking at a Baer SRP, Wilson CQB, and a Nighthawk GRP…and then I got a Baer Custom Carry. It had everything I wanted, nothing I didn't, and Baer also did a “naked slide” with FCS delete, and only had a 4 month wait.
I'd love to have one. I'd also love to have a Les Baur, a Wilson Combat and an Ed Brown decked out 1911.

Nice choice. I can show you a picture of my USA built Sig P210 Target Domar, if you want to see an original Swiss P49 Model 210, Classic Firearms has some for $3500. Ouch, too much $$$ for me.

011.JPG

Back